Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland "Pink Lubricant"

dvjduck

I have to replace a key on my Roland VR700. when I removed the broken key I noticed that most of the "pink grease" at the pivot point was gone. Upon contacting the Roland parts department I learned that the lubricant is only sold in a $70.00 size. Does anyone know where I might get a small amount of the stuff or perhaps a more readily available substitute lubricant?

Thanks,

DVJ

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would gather excess grease from the other keys and use that. Not sure what it is but my guess would be some sort of silicone based lubricant. Those are typically not harmful to plastics and can be found in hobby stores for things like remote controlled vehicle gears. Good luck.

Hob-e-lube made by Woodland Scenics and sold in most hobby shops that sell RC cars/planes as well as model trains.

It comes in a variety of forms that's plastic safe for all the plastic gears.

I personally use the white lithium with teflon in my trains and my rc racing trucks. The plastic gears all look like new.

Adding this: make sure the lithium you get is marked safe for plastics, if you go this route...some are not. That's why I suggest the hobby shop.

Just an idea as Redkey mentioned

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

Yup, electronic grease, white lub, something made for plastics will work, try a hooby shop, like escape said, or a electronics part store, i bought mine about 10 years ago, a little container, and i have used it on my qs6, sg-prox and many other things, and i still have enough for 20 more years a $70 can is too damm much.

Just never use any kind of automotive grease because it can expand some plastics, my tech had had a costumer that did just that, they had to replace the whole action, :(

Hardware stores sell white lithium grease. Or take some from the other keys. Roland doesn't usually use the pink stuff on the front guide posts, they use cheaper white stuff.

Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 850 of Harry's solo piano arrangements of standards and jazz tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas 

had a costumer

What was he dressed up as?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Sorry, I felt guilty after the last comment, so I figured I had better try to add something constructive...

Could this be it?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Sorry, I felt guilty after the last comment, so I figured I had better try to add something constructive...

Could this be it?

That gear lube is very runny. The Bachmann grease would be the way to go.

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

I prefer the blue stuff:

products_08_big.png

It's just a gimmick. Seriously, just get the regular stuff (if you need it). I mean, ultimately you'll end up using one up before the other, then what?

Dan

Archived