Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ImpOSCar2 finally here, with custom hardware controller

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2011/07/04/imposcar-2-is-here-mac-first-pc-soon/

The hardware controller (sold separately) sounds fantastic -- that vendor has done one or two others also, I think.

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari

Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold, G5422DC-12, T486, ES295, PM2, EXL1

XK1c, Voyager, Prophet XL

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I know that, but people had given up, so this is still big news -- especially with the hardware controller available as well.

I love this synth and its architecture, and would be perfectly willing to buy a dedicated controller for it -- even though I'd rather have the sound engine sitting inside the hardware, like with the Creamware stuff. :-)

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari

Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold, G5422DC-12, T486, ES295, PM2, EXL1

ImpOSCar is one of my very fave soft synths. It has character out the wazoo. I'm intrigued with this v2.
Well, ImpOSC2ar adds my all-time favorite feature- response to PolyAT- so I will be trying out the demo this evening. Ver 1 does sound very good, we'll see....

Yeah, I was real surprised to see polyAT in the specs!

Does anyone have a list of synths that have supported polyAT over the years?

It's easy to support poly AT in a synth engine. Lots of Roland rack units over the years have supported it.

It's expensive to support poly AT on the controller side (and hard to do well). That's why it is so rare.

Moe

---

"I keep wanting to like it's sound, but every demo seems to demonstrate that it has the earth-shaking punch and peerless sonics of the Roland Gaia. " - Tusker

http://www.hotrodmotm.com

It's easy to support poly AT in a synth engine. Lots of Roland rack units over the years have supported it.

It is easy to support response to PolyAT, but it was relatively amazing how often it was left off. Lots of Roland rack gear did support it, but not the MKS-70, MKS-80, or JD-990; of all the Roland synths why? Other major omissions were the Access Virus, Alesis Andromeda, and many Yamaha rack synths (though the list varies greatly per manufacturer).

I am very happy to see it incorporated in softsynths, Omnisphere and Imposcar2 being major examples of adding it to their recent updates; Zebra2 and Logic's main softsynths have always had it.

Archived