Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Buddy Blaze, Ed Roman and Blueberry guitars

buscha

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not familiar with Buddy Blaze, but Roman has some really nice gear, along with some really strong opinions. Blueberry is from Montreal, I think, and has a solid reputation.
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Blaze is out of Hawaii and supposedly did some work for Dimebag early on and Vivian Campbell during the Whitesnake era...Just curious about opinons and whether they're worth the asking prices.

To me, Blaze guitars are overpriced Fender copies. Why pay that much for a guitar when you'll never get it back out of it.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Could you be a bit more specific? In what way are they Strat copies (mine has a single bridge humbucker-1 volume knob-there's no strat like that), and do you feel they are inferior tonially to a USA Fender with same pup configurations and amp?

What roped me in was the Javanese carvings and the bodies and headstocks and the inlays on the fretboard. I think they are functional pieces of art-moreso than the mass-produced stuff. Just call me a sucker...They do play well though...

I don't think they are inferior to any really great degree, but I haven't seen, anything really superior to Fenders about them. I think they are pretty much the same kind of thing as G & L guitars(the American made ones, that is). They are well-made, have nice features, and generally about as good as Fenders. They have some interesting divergences from Fenders, pickups, vibrato bridges, and whatnot. But try to sell one used and see what happens. They just don't hold their value.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived