Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 - Will I be in way over my head?

Seannn

hey Leh 173 if you like your D70 and trust its reliability why not buy a modern multitimbral module with good zoning features?

Funnily enough I have considered that since I got the D-70. I was looking at a Juno Stage or Fantom X7/G6 as modern D-70, but when I got the D-70 I thought I could use it with a laptop or maybe take out my JV-1080 instead of the laptop. I even set it up and tried it. Worked well. I'd need the Keys of the 60s and 70s board for it as its stock EPs are garbage. The EP in the D-70 actually is OK. I run it though a genuine small stone phaser and it sounds nice. I could get a sonic cell too. I'm interested in an all in one solution though I think. Less hassle. I've been rehearsing with D-70 for ages and it's been handling it. Still I need to get it serviced. LCD is going etc...

EDIT: BTW the D-70 has 4 external MIDI zones, with a whole MIDI controller section built it! 7 sliders transmit CC's in a certain mode too, or the sliders control volumes to external devices. It's a powerful board, but with a crazy OS.

Roland Fantom G6, D-70, JP-8000, Juno-106, JV-1080, Moog Minitaur, Korg Volca Keys, Yamaha DX-7. TG33, Logic Pro, NI plugs, Arturia plugs etc etc

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived