Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dear Mr. Sadowsky, I'm not getting any younger.

_Sweet Willie_

Dear Mr. Sadowsky,

According to the Walrus, "The time has come to speak of many things." Last year we spoke of a 2x4 P bass, for example.

This year I once again speak of my birthday, which is again around the corner. And, once again, I thought perhaps I could bring it to your attention via a public online discussion forum for bass players.

This year, however, there is a twist. It may be that every good dream must come to an end. My dream may have passed. While I would certainly be more than pleased if a Sweet Willie Sadowsky (ideally remarkably similar to the Will Lee Sadowsky) were to arrive at my doorstep in honor of the day of my entry into this world we share, I think I would not be disappointed if it did not.

Believe it or not, Roger (may I call you Roger?), as much as I continue to admire your work and think that you and your crew build some outstanding basses, I just may have reached a point where I have the array of basses that I need. Ludicrous? Perhaps. Certainly I understand that "want" and "need" are different, and the former may still offer some room for growth. Nonetheless, there are likely others out there with great "need" of their own for a fine instrument. Thus, I encourage you to extend your generosity -- since I'm sure this was going to be the year in which you were finally going to cave in to my persistence and gift me a bass -- to another player. Perhaps my "birthday bass" could go to a player who lost his or her bass to a tornado or a flood or a hurricane this past year.

I wish you a belated happy birthday. (In May, wasn't it?) I still feel a little disappointed that you left the BK for LIC. However, maybe your transition geographically was synchronous with my transition to a level of greater maturity about this "free bass" thing, and we will both be in a better place going forward.

Warmest regards,

--Willie

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take it to heart, Roger. And maybe even do what you can among some of the other builders out there to promote the idea of sending bass CARE packages to our brethren of the bottom end who were wiped out by natural disasters.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

One day, it's going to happen! Keep at it Willie!

Hey Phil, I think my point is that I've moved beyond. While I would certainly love a Sadowsky, I'm satiated, and I'm encouraging Roger to focus his attention elsewhere. ;-}

Keep on keepin' on, Roger. Saw Will playing one of your axes (not sure if it was his sig model) with Oz Noy and Dave Weckl at The Iridium not too long ago. Sounded great. Plenty loud -- was a stylish black bass Will was slinging thru a Woods head and MarkBass cabs. Great show.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Well, my birthday is coming up....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Nah, it'll be a "Dear Carey..." thing.

And Willie, always remember, age is just a state of mind. I am personally about to turn 23. In my mind...

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Ah, like a cat who seemingly ignores her prey seconds before attacking, so does Sweet Willie approach Mr. Sadowsky in this year's ultimate (?) attempt ...

Does this mean next year we'll get a "Dear Mr. Pedulla" thread? :grin:

This is an excellent point. Mr. Sadowsky believes himself in the cats-bird seat on this subject, knowing that you wiill come a-begging every year. Perhaps a little friendly competition form Mr. Pedulla, Mr. Lakland, Mr. Fodera, and/or Mr. Lull is just the thing to get him motivated to play a little ball. And remember, there are other important holidays besides Birthdays. For example, Arbor Day is all about trees and basses are made from trees.....I think you get my point here.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Archived