Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: I'll tell you what bugs me

LeftyBlues

Rudeness and lack of self esteem, here in the States anyway. It's been a gradual downward slide over several decades but I'm just totally burnt out on profanity in public, cell phone rudeness, people who go out in public in ratty nasty clothes. I think we should require people to get a permit to wear tank tops too, you know? I'll never forget the first time I saw a lady wearig a Sh*t Happens t-shirt - a grandma at the grocery store. Really? When your 6 year old says that in school do you think oh, that's cute. So let's all make an extra effort to be nice, go ahead and use that turn signal or smile and say how-do. Thanks for the vent.

Lefty out

I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There. I closed your tag. Man...talk about inconsiderate...leaving a static tag open...

;):D

That was rude of me. Heh! I do that static thing fairly often like I'm on a walkie talkie. Thank you Senor String for correcting me!

I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

hey lefty, i feel ya, and wanna apologize cuz sometimes i get a little surly, and have a mouth that would make a pirate blush.

good point...the world would be a better place for sure if peeps would think before talking.

and leaving that tag open...shameless!!

;)

peace bro

I guess little things that don't really hurt anyone don't bother me, we all have our pet peeves though. Turn signals, however, have the potential to get people killed if not used correctly. If you signal that you are turning, I will let you in. Most of my close calls are from people that just jump in, not giving me much time to react.

I'll never forget the first time I saw a lady wearig a Sh*t Happens t-shirt - a grandma at the grocery store. Really? When your 6 year old says that in school do you think oh, that's cute.

Hey, grandmas in Sh*t Happens t-shirts were teenagers once... foul-mouthed, cigarette-smoking, bird-flipping, beer guzzling teenage sluts in Sh*t Happens t-shirts, just like the ones you see today...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

I feel Lefty's angst. But there isn't a lack of self esteem here in the states; it's that over a short time people confused self esteem with self centeredness. Self esteem is when you like who you are in spite of what other people say or think. NOT you being the only f**ker that counts no matter where!

I know too many people who think I'm a pussy because I feel it's wrong to take advantage of someone's good nature.

Too many people who think that when they drive, they're the only car on the road.

Too many people who feel the only consideration to be given is the consideration you give THEM.

These people need to be given a dose of strong nasal spray to discover that their shit DOES indeed stink! Worse than anybody else's.

I can deal with sloppy clothing more than I can all of the above.

I always try to consider there might be a certain reason for the attire. when one is absent, THEN I seeth.

I think the reason for this escalation is connected to the mid-to-late '70's adoption of the "Lookin' out for number one" attitude. Add to that a whole generation or two of children being raised by parents who kept telling them how "special" they are and that "there is no one who is better than you" without amending it with "And you are no better than anyone else", and it adds up to a population of people who have a disdain for kindness and consideration. Unless there is something in it for THEM.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

I think the problem is that there's too much self-esteem, and too little self-respect. Too much self-esteem tells you it's cool to go out in public wearing a shirt with a word some people still find offensive, even disgusting, whereas a bit of self-respect should cause you to ask "Is this really how I want to represent myself?"

Of course, if you have no self-respect, it's easy to understand why you'd have no respect for others.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

I don't care for profanity in music or on t-shirts...a little cussing and semi-nudity in an adult music/show venue is OK...and grandmas and grandpas can wear tank tops as long as their body parts stay inside and it's hot outside...I don't like speedos at the beach or public pools but sometimes I fail to look the other way when the chics pass by in thong bikinis :facepalm:...can't stand rude people...and please do not text and drive... :evil:
Take care, Larryz

So called "four letter" words don't bother me all that much.... I've heard nice grandmas in churches say things that were far worse than the "f" word, which they wouldn't be caught dead using, LOL.

But I know they are very offensive to some people, so I usually avoid them, since there is no benefit to anyone to offending other people for no reason.

What annoys me mostly is rudeness among and to musicians... sometimes jerks in traffic annoy me.

Archived