Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cursed with big hands?

offnote

Having that problems that I frequently hit with middle fingers some switches on the keyboard which can result in sudden change in patch I use...Usually happens during stride piano infast tempo. Some keyboards have lock feature some don't.

Anybody else? I like Nord boards for its long keys.

p.s.

posted this just to cheer up the guys cursed otherwise :)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey, you know what they say about guys with big hands and big feet....

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

(big gloves and big shoes!)

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Back to the question. It happens to me at least once a gig with my RD700. Welcome to the corner.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Back to the actual topic...

I have big hands, or at least a wide reach. I can play 10ths comfortably in either hand. The problem is that I find it hard to play accurate octaves sometimes because I tend to overreach.

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

I also have big hands and also tend to overreach on octaves. But the bigger problem for me is when I need slide fingers 3 or 4 up between black keys. They're too wide to go in straight so I have to twist my hand to side. That little extra action tends to slow me down - not that I'm very fast anyway, but every little bit hurts.

We all have to adjust to whatever we have to work with. Just look at Django.

LOL yeah, my bass player snapped a tendon in his first finger, left hand, and was having difficulty with it when it finally came out of the splint. I said "Heck you're still 50% better off than Django! Stop whining!"

BTW, be careful when cleaning carpet! His hand slipped on the brush. SNAP!

Archived