Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg's TouchView expected lifespan?

vicsant

Just wondering about Korg's TouchView expected lifespan....cause I have a Trinity and after about five years of daily use, the TouchView screen was beginning to fade so I had it replaced with a new one, while stocks were still available...otherwise, if the TouchView failed on me and no more spare views were being manufactured, the Trinity would be virtually useless...

If you've had a Korg workstation with a TouchView interface, did you have to have it replaced? And after how many years?

With all of Korg's top of the line workstations (i.e. Kronos, etc.) with TouchView, I'm wondering how long these interfaces are expected to last before they ultimately fade away given daily heavy duty use.....will the TouchView still be functional after 10....15...years? Should we order a spare TouchView now (I'm sure these are gonna cost...)? :(

Thanks for your thoughts.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard To tell, their lifespan is measudred in hours, how many?......

But don't worry the trinity is compatible with the tritons, and the refresh time on those are faster, and i think the new M50 screen is the same, so you're covered

Just wondering about Korg's TouchView expected lifespan....cause I have a Trinity and after about five years of daily use, the TouchView screen was beginning to fade so I had it replaced with a new one, while stocks were still available...otherwise, if the TouchView failed on me and no more spare views were being manufactured, the Trinity would be virtually useless...

If you've had a Korg workstation with a TouchView interface, did you have to have it replaced? And after how many years?

With all of Korg's top of the line workstations (i.e. Kronos, etc.) with TouchView, I'm wondering how long these interfaces are expected to last before they ultimately fade away given daily heavy duty use.....will the TouchView still be functional after 10....15...years? Should we order a spare TouchView now (I'm sure these are gonna cost...)? :(

I doubt you could order 1 .

My Triton touchscreen was going strong on +10 yrs. Extreme is on 6 years.

Your experience is the 1st I have heard of an issue.

I think 10 years is a safe estimate plus I don't lose sleep on Korg carrying enough stock parts in +10 years. They have it covered.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I had a Triton for a couple of years in Thailand, and believe me when I say, that keyboard never had an easy life.

No problems with the touch screen.

--

Merlin Zener

Australia.

CP70, DX7-II-D, VFX-SD, MRrack, TG55, reason...

I doubt you could order 1 .

My Triton touchscreen was going strong on +10 yrs. Extreme is on 6 years.

Your experience is the 1st I have heard of an issue.

I think 10 years is a safe estimate plus I don't lose sleep on Korg carrying enough stock parts in +10 years. They have it covered.

Ok. That's a reassuring thought. Thanks.

Bought a Trinity Pro when they first came out, 1995? Used it fairly heavily, 8-10 gigs a month, until it was replaced and retired to the home studio in 2002. It's been used only occasionally since. The touch screen seems like it might be a little faded but it's hard to say since I use it so rarely nowadays.

Bought my Trinity-Plus new around 1996. The screen is still going strong. Heavy gigging (and heavy-duty flight case) involved.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Should we order a spare TouchView now (I'm sure these are gonna cost...)? :(

Here's one

Hmmm....seems that they're not currently in stock. :(

But it's nice to hear that your touch screens are still going strong...but I believe that they're going to fade sooner or later...as all things do..so are you guys planning to stock up on a spare while they're still available?

Btw, how do you guys clean your touch screens? Do you just wipe them dry with a soft cloth?

I just use a clean soft cloth. Now and then I use one of my eyeglasses cleaning pads to really get the "funk" off the screen after a sweaty gig.

Mine's almost 6 years old and still going strong.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

My triton classic screen is going strong after over 10 years, and it gigs every weekend, and has survived outdoor gigs in blistering heat and torrential downpours. Now, it has a broken key, a bad panel button, and I had to swap one of the main out jacks with one of the aux's because it went out...but the screen is good!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived