Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

INTRODUCING...the AXE FX II

webe123

I do not know if you guys have heard, they just announced it a little while ago on the fractal forums.

The axe fx II

It has USB and headphone outs plus twice the power of the axe fx ultra.

Price? $2,199.00

THERE WILL BE NO WAITING LIST.

So I am taking that as saying..... get ready to WAIT to click on a button again and HOPE you can purchase one.

Man, some people on the fractal forums said they waited a YEAR for an ultra....I wonder how long it will take to get one of these?

I also wonder how those same people feel now?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A cousin of mine, who has been notoriously reclusive, recently made contact on facebook-aside from a majorly expanded guitar collection since we last spoke, he has also acquired an FX Ultra. I asked if he had any sound clips but it appears not. In any case he had only praise for it, don`t know if he has heard about the new one.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

I want one...

I want two, one to play, and the second just to say I have two. Talk about a cool guy factor...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

I want one...

I want two, one to play, and the second just to say I have two. Talk about a cool guy factor...

You stole that from me!!! Or, are you making fun of me? :P

I don't think I'd need two of these though, that's why I want one...

If you TRIED to order one when they arrive in 2 to 4 weeks, it would probably take you MONTHS of clicking a buy now button on their stupid website and then finding out they have none in stock! Happened to me before I got my ultra...I finally bought one off of ebay instead as I HATE Fractal Audios business model!

Have to say, with a new piece of high-tech gear like this, I'd want the factory warranty, which I doubt you'd get through ebay or Craigslist.

Oh, well, it's not like I have 2 grand to drop on a new toy, anyhow.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Then try waiting on their site to get one...not as easy as it sounds.

Plus the fact that now most people know what an axe fx is and how good it sounds....this was not the case the very first time the axe fx was introduced, so even MORE people will be wanting it....which makes for a LONG wait!

And if I DID get it through ebay it would not be the new price it is selling for. I would be paying a used price.

We'll see how this turns out next year when I get my income tax check. Meanwhile, I will enjoy my ultra!

At least by then I will know way more about it. It looks good on paper, but I am wanting to hear clips and talk to actual people that own one about the ups and downs of owning this new unit.

Well so far I am waiting to get mty FRFR (full range flat response EV 112 powered speaker). Because I really want to see what this thing can do. It will be here this tuesday and I will try to re[port back on it then.

If anyone wants to buy an Ultra or standard, they are going pretty cheap on ebay now, you may want to get one while you can because I have a feeling that after the hoopla dies down over the axe fx II, the prices will once again rise on used units.

If anyone wants to buy an Ultra or standard, they are going pretty cheap on ebay now, you may want to get one while you can because I have a feeling that after the hoopla dies down over the axe fx II, the prices will once again rise on used units.

I met those Axe FX developer guys at an amp show and they were super sharp. I'm kind of disappointed they didn't work in a "cloud" computing play for the Ultra and the 2. The two networked could deliver twice the horse power and would keep the previous investment by the faithful more whole. Also, they might drive the market for dual units a little more. Pro's would pay to simply have full load balanced redundancy...

Archived