Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

now HERE's a new idea

d  halfnote

On Anderton's SSS forum over at HC I noticed a thread abt the value of AutoTune.

That gave rise to an idea I mentioned for a product aimed at guitarists, perhaps called "Ought To Tune" (hey, we get picked on because Kboard players don't have to tune & drummers can get by with approximate tuning)...

Now it occurs to me that the world's just waiting for some bold guitarist to step forward & take advantage of technology & exploit that effect, not on vocals, where it's become all the rgae, but as a guitar effect.

d=halfnote

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a guy who used to be a drummer (still is, I guess) but has started doing solo shows playing acoustic guitar & singing. He uses an effect pedal, which may be this one to match his vocals to his guitar to help auto-tune his vocals. I'm wondering if you were to revers the inputs, or use it on it's own, you could auto-tune your guitar? Of course, every time you bend a note or use a chorus or phaser, you'd be defeating the purpose of one of the pedals.

That said, I do know many guitarists who could use an autotune, or just learn how to tune in the first place.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

So, half', are you meaning to use/misuse/abuse some manner of auto-tuning so as to produce unusual pitch-effects, artifacts and dynamics?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

So, half', are you meaning to use/misuse/abuse some manner of auto-tuning so as to produce unusual pitch-effects, artifacts and dynamics?

Yeah, get that post-Zapp, Cher/T-Pain thang goin' !

Instead of hitting the note, y'land near it & get electronically slung into it.

Or maybe just use it to not bother having to tune at all ?!

d=halfnote

The only autotune I'm aware of is the wayyyy overused vocal effect in pop music these days. I thought by now people would have quit using it because it's no longer a "new thing". Unfortunately, it's getting worse.

Y'know, for that psuedo-neo-faux-soul-funk some are putting out now, I guess it fits in a bit. But even some COUNTRY sangers are using it now! Ghaaaah!

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived