Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

web apps for managing band internals

johnchop

I'm looking at web "band manager" that would keep my band from coming up with "e-mail chains from hell" regarding next rehearsal time, song lists, TO DOs, contact info, etc.

Something that is "just good enough" would be welcome.

I've used Basecamp, but it isn't cheap anymore. Crescendo looks really promising but isn't soup yet.

Anyone using Marcato Musician ?

As far as I can tell, something like ReverbNation is more about promotion and less about getting your collective act together.

Thoughts?

-John

I make software noises.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use Google calendar. I work with two different groups and have a calendar for each (plus one for the family stuff so I don't book over important stuff like anniversary, etc..).

Anyone using Marcato Musician ?

Yes, I use it and I recommend it highly! It's free to try for 30 days and only $10/month per band/artist. As both an IT professional and a musician I haven't seen anything out there that can touch it.

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

I don't know if it meets your needs, but I saw a presentation by http://bandize.com/ once, and it seemed pretty cool.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived