Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

ZZZZZZZZZZ....uhh..ZZZZZ...sputter...huh? Oh, I'm awake now... Geez, it seems like this board is taking hours. Not just here at home, but when I sneak on at work, too. It's like click on a topic, go grab a cup of coffee...come back, it's just coming up. Make your post, click it in, go take a dump, a nice long dump, read the paper while you're at it, come back, and you can click on the next post. Anyone else having this problem?
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]Make your post, click it in, go take a dump, a nice long dump[/b][/quote] would that be considered as beholding the power of cheese? :D yeah, it's been pretty slow on this end too. at least i know it's not my connection. SactoG
0096 2251 2110 8105

Well, I would reply, but it takes too long right now. :rolleyes: I still love the forums, but the speed as of late has influenced my willingness to post. Will this improve or is this the way it's gonna be? :o zzzzzz :o -David R.
-David R.

This site may be drowning in its own success. Earlier this year, the Tascam forum had to start deleting more recent posts because it was taking so long to load. Behold the power of a good healthy download.

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

Hey Tedster, WAKE UP!!! You're snoring, and you're starting to drool on the keyboard (drooling over new gear is socially acceptable, while drooling on your current gear is not). Yeah, it's slow over here too. I'm also getting a lot of page not found errors the instant I click on a link / thread, and I have to hit the "refresh" button to get the page loaded. Phil O'Keefe Sound Sanctuary Recording Riverside CA http://www.ssrstudio.com pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com

You said it Tedster. I've raised this issue a few times over the last few weeks (since we got this new, slick, full of features revamp) It was like wet cement last week also...and the last couple of days have been ridiculous! :mad: I log on to site like yahoo.com which probably gets a gazillion hits...and it's 1-2-3 I'm on...every click...every time...boom...I'm there. Same on many other sites. I does get tedious tryin' to respond to posts...by the time your response loads…the thread has gone in another tangent... :D Though it seems a bit percky this morning...I think kudyba has been using decaf... [ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: miroslav ]

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

It's hit or miss with me lately. Sometimes it's so slow I think the computer's frozen, other times it only takes a minute or two to load the next page. Oh! And it started taking me back to the post instead of the topic list when I reply. One step forward, two steps back. Scott :D

M........A........N E......v......e......r......y......t.....h......i......n......g i......s m......o......v......i......n......g s......l.......o........w.........e..........r a...........n............d S.............L..............O...............W...............E................R

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Well, hopefully within a couple of weeks that'll clear up. See, many of the magazine sites such as Gigmag.com, GuitarPlayer.com, BassPlayer.com, Keyboardonline.com, and Mc2mag.com are now redirecting to MusicPlayer.com. So now we are getting that many more visitors and it is crippling our machine. Even bandwith is reaching above 50%, i.e., closer to using the full T-1. Our server loads, espeically from around 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM EST reach 20 at times...the solution is to add more power, i.e., another server to relieve some of the stress but unfortunately that's not in our cards. So our alternative is that we're going to re-open some of the sites on our west coast partner, Creative Planet's machines within a couple of weeks...that should give us some breathing room...please be patient...oh, weekends are a good time to post as that's when traffic is lightest here....

Archived