Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: sort of my GAS for keys changed to-

BluesKeys

Since starting my band I have constantly Gassed for PA gear. My last two purchases have been an Allen& Heath mixwizrd 16 and a JBL powered sub. I can't seem to even think of keys. I need help

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since starting my band I have constantly Gassed for PA gear. My last two purchases have been an Allen& Heath mixwizrd 16 and a JBL powered sub. I can't seem to even think of keys. I need help
B-3

9' grand

clavinet

K10

errrr.....

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

I wouldn't be of any help to BK when it comes to getting excited about KBs. Especially since my GAS is mainly PA gear too. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

My GAS is for.....books. :confused::o:) Textbooks on Theory, Orchestration, arranging etc. If figure since I'm writing charts all day, I might as well learn what the hell I'm doing. I'l post sexy GAS pictures of the books, so that everyone can ooh and aah over how nerdy cool I am. :laugh:

I have some GAS for a Kronos, but not 3k's worth. A new set of monitors might be in my future, I can put the books on top of them. :cool:

If it is to improve your sound, why worry What the GAS is for. My latest GAS attack was for both new keys, and new amplification. Nothing wrong with PA GAS.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Im definitely gearing up for my Kronos purchase, as that will satisfy not only my jamband leanings (just piano/organ/eps), but all the other stuff I dowithout changing rigs (although the XK1 will appear/disappear depending on the gig).

As for PA gear, I know this is blasphemy, but I still like my awful yet functional Behringer 16ch board with FX. Im using a couple mid-size QSC amps (RMX 2450 for mains, and PLX1804 for monitors, both 500@8 per side). I have just bought a few Yamaha SM115v passive monitors for the PA: 2 for poles for mains, 2 on the floor. For roughly $275 a box, you cannot beat them. They sound great, theyre cheap, but they do not sound, feel or look cheap. Theyre heavy (very good boxes, good drivers), and they are loud and clear.

And after last nites Classic Album Thursday appearance playing bass for a presentation of Robin Trowers Bridge of Sighs, it looks like well be doing a bunch of 4piece gigs this summerwithout a keyboardist. But luckily, my bass GAS is non-existent. Although the thought of another Jazz bass in mahogany (and fretless maybe) with no pickguard and no knobs seems pretty appealing. But Ill assemble thatsomeday.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

and not one mention of the opposite sex??? :o

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

I need help

Yes. :rimshot:

No. My new addiction too. My heart starts pumping when my quad 18s move the walls and floor of the club and start to physically shake me. Can't wait for the rush when the 21s are done.

Actually maybe I do need help...

Paying off my federal income tax debt.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

It didn't work kanker, I already have a 6'10 K kawai and an M3. Maybe a leslie?

DaveE thanks for the kind words. I also added a beta 57 for my vocals.

PD what is your flavor of the month? QSC, JBL, powered?

Mr Nighttime I guess you are right. At least helping the economy.

Tom, drink your beer, or better yet tell me where you are drinking so I can join ya.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Archived