Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Phoebe Snow

Adan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take a moment out of your day to contemplate one of her many beautiful songs.

Agreed. I bought the Poetry Man LP when it was released in 1974; the year I graduated from High School.

Yeah.

Haven't heard much from her since, although she did sing on Steely Dan's NY Rock & Soul Revue.

But yeah... her music did get some rotation on my turntable back in the day. I even replaced the LP with a CD.

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

A friend lent me a tape of the Second Childhood album which I more or less wore out and eventually replaced with the CD. A soulful, tasteful talent, gone too soon. RIP Phoebe.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Oh man. I didn't know. Link

Bless her heart.

Tom

http://image.kazaa.com/images/55/724383197255/Phoebe_Snow/Phoebe_Snow/Phoebe_Snow-Phoebe_Snow_3.jpg

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

She made up for quantity with quality.

How many people have faced the battles she did, and still manage to get an album out every once in awhile, and have it be great?

I could always tell from her singing and personality that she was a sweet person with great values. I am glad to read that she felt satisfied and fulfilled in her life.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Just heard this on the news. What a voice.

LW

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

She was terrific.

An interesting story: in my folks' house in the early/mid 70s, a barrage of female singer songwriters was constantly on the turntable. In addition to Joni Mitchell, Carole King, and Carly Simon, I also had a big dose of Phoebe Snow. The influence of these singing chicks was profound on my young ears, and I still draw upon all of the above in my songwriting today.

RIP Phoebe. You were one of the greats.

I recently bought that first album with "Poetry Man" and my favorite, "Harpo's Blues". Great tunes, singing and back up playing - I love to hear a good sax player backing up a singer and trading lines.

Phoebe will be missed.

Yes, yes!! :thu:

Tasteful chops. Delicate playing. Harpo's Blues still sounds fresh to my ears. Either or Both is really fine as well.

Call me sentimental. I get goose-bumps when I play (or hear) this music.

Yes Phoebe, you will be missed.

Tom

Archived