Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

getting real sick of clones vs real thing videos...

rockkeys

why do people feel the need to record their clone next to a real hammond and say "look" "they're indistinguishable!?" People were doing it when the nord C1 came out, and now they're doing it with the numa. You could have a guy playing a real cello, and then have a guy playing something that looks like a cello with a tiny CD player inside playing a recording of a cello (or a computer that models the sound of a cello..) even if the sample/model sounds exactly the same as the real cello, it will never have the 'presence' that a real cello has. It's not about fidelity people!!! Presence=the summation of many qualities, be they physical, acoustical, or psychological. I admit that through youtube/computer audio output that I won't be able to tell the difference between your real hammond and your cloned hammond through a leslie. That does not mean for a second that they feel the same. I am not anti-clone. I love clones. I'm just not sure what the AB thing really accomplishes....I'd rather hear people post awesome examples of themselves making great music with their clones, than AB videos of themselves next to their hammonds trying to convince themselves and others of the merits of their latest acquisition.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is kind of funny having lived through that era. I haven't done a gig that was only Hammond in years, but there was a period of 4 of 5 years where I only had a Hammond on the gig and no one would ever comment on the instrument. You'd go into a club a see other B's and maybe notice if they were using a 122, 145, 147, etc., but it was no big deal...nothing to talk about. Biz as usual.

Moe, you do have a great sounding organ. I remember that mp3 you posted a while back. You and Jim both. Makes me jealous. Seems like a lot of guys are chasing that B3 sound now days. Fine with me. I'm a sucker for one.

why do people feel the need to record their clone next to a real hammond and say "look" "they're indistinguishable!?" People were doing it when the nord C1 came out, and now they're doing it with the numa. You could have a guy playing a real cello, and then have a guy playing something that looks like a cello with a tiny CD player inside playing a recording of a cello (or a computer that models the sound of a cello..) even if the sample/model sounds exactly the same as the real cello, it will never have the 'presence' that a real cello has. It's not about fidelity people!!! Presence=the summation of many qualities, be they physical, acoustical, or psychological. I admit that through youtube/computer audio output that I won't be able to tell the difference between your real hammond and your cloned hammond through a leslie. That does not mean for a second that they feel the same. I am not anti-clone. I love clones. I'm just not sure what the AB thing really accomplishes....I'd rather hear people post awesome examples of themselves making great music with their clones, than AB videos of themselves next to their hammonds trying to convince themselves and others of the merits of their latest acquisition.

No offense but no one's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to check those topics about the clones vs. the real thing, is it really that hard to just ignore them? or do you intend to achieve something with this one? :idk :taz:

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

So, you have a small red flickable organ that comes in red? :sick:

I'd recommend seeing a doctor. Both of you. ;)

Sorry, I'm feeling a little silly... I've had a few of these...

http://www.beeroftheday.com/beer_images/fat_tire/fat_tire_0.jpg

Stuff and things.

ciao to all!

just a really quick specification, I'm the one who made the recent AB comparison with the Numa Organ :-))))

why do people feel the need to record their clone next to a real hammond and say "look" "they're indistinguishable!?"

because I receive a lot of email from people asking for this.

not everyone can have a C3 at home or carrying it to a concert, so the clone is the only solution. and they want to listen to these new clones, for example because it is not possible to test in a local store.

I was asked from the distributor too (but I had no money for this, it was just for fun).

I admit that through youtube/computer audio output that I won't be able to tell the difference between your real hammond and your cloned hammond through a leslie. That does not mean for a second that they feel the same.

yes, totally agree, that's why I have a C3 :-)))))

but when I play around, my KeyBDuo is the salvation!

I'd rather hear people post awesome examples of themselves making great music with their clones

very easy: in the same youtube channel, I posted a large number of videos with real music, as you are asking for.

see also my "One Man Band" videos (I'm not a pro musician, it's just fun!).

if you want music, you just have to click :-))))

AB videos of themselves next to their hammonds trying to convince themselves and others of the merits of their latest acquisition.

I do not own the Numa: I just had it for a weekend for this test.

I do not want to convice myself or anyone else. I know exatcly that the real thing is the real thing :-)))))

but these new clones are really getting closer and closer.....

ciao from Italy!

take care

Internet gives people a good opportunity to choose what they want to see, as well as to avoid what they don't want to see.
No, you're wrong. People "have to" watch or look at what they don't want to see, so they can get pissed off and write nasty comments about it.

;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

No, you're wrong. People "have to" watch or look at what they don't want to see, so they can get pissed off and write nasty comments about it.

;)

Sorry that you feel that my post is "nasty." If you go back and read it, you'll see that it's really not nasty at all. It's just an opinion about people posting AB comparisons between clones and hammonds. There is no personal attack, or reference to any individual.

No offense but no one's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to check those topics about the clones vs. the real thing, is it really that hard to just ignore them? or do you intend to achieve something with this one? :idk :taz:

Yes, I do intend to achieve something. I'm taking a stand. I think the videos are misleading. If I chose to ignore them, then I wouldn't have made the post.

Internet gives people a good opportunity to choose what they want to see, as well as to avoid what they don't want to see.

;)

Oh, my bad. Sorry :)

Archived