Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Excite Broad May Die This Weekend

If you have a cable modem, anywhere in the US, you most likely are getting your broadband access from "Excite@Home". That includes "COX Communications", "Comcast", "AT&T", and others. Here is a link to Yahoo News you can read... [url=http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/zd/20011129/tc/finding_a_backup_to_excite_home_1.html]Excite Bankruptcy[/url] I may be on dial up, in a couple of days...

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe a little of both AT&T underbidding and Excite's creditors wanting more money is the answer. I'm sure AT&T would love to get a broadband network for a bargain price, and the creditors want to make as much money as possible, so there you have it. Perhaps. All I know is that I might get one more problem to contend with out of all this. (Sighs.) Badness comes in waves... -Danny

Grace, Peace, V, and Hz,

Danny

[quote]Originally posted by Danny M: [b] All I know is that I might get one more problem to contend with out of all this. (Sighs.) Badness comes in waves... -Danny[/b][/quote] I hear ya man. I'm not to worried, because it would only effect my home access. I can see where a ton of businesses who depend on the service for communication would be totally screwed. It's irresponsible to just shut it down. That's not going to help our struggling economy a bit.

I can't see it shutting down for too long, they have too many customers, someone will pick them up. I can see the class-action lawsuits for lost revenues from all the e buisnesses, they'll be hurtin' bad.
In two days, it won't matter.

Archived