Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyway to make a Half- Moon switch...

toad

Out of an ole' Strat Pick-up selector switch? For now it's for my 31H hooked to a CV,Basic, fast/off. Maybe later solder a tap off from my pre-amp pedal? I have several applications that need it, maybe save some moola...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I made a similar for my Ventilator, with a three-way fender type switch (probably intended for a Telecater) and it wasn't hard at all. Don't know how to wire it for a Leslie preamp though. Anyway - it was really cheap - altogether around fifteen bucks.

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

Here's a link to my original post in the Ventilator thread, with a picture of the "halfmoon", which is actually more like a small box.

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

Wiring a selector switch for an effect box is one thing but I would be a little careful with how you rig a switch for a leslie connector kit especially if you sing.

Try to make sure the switch housing is insulated and the switch tip has a big plastic cap on it .... or you could get knocked on you hiney.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Depends. Leslie 122 uses approx +300 volts dropped through a resistor for current limiting. Leslie 145 is a 110vac relay controller. Some of the later Leslies have a lot lower voltage on the switch.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Archived