Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SONAR 3 Two bugs

I discovered two things about Sonar 3 that are not behaving the same as Sonar 2.2. 1. I cannot turn off Input Monitoring. The Help file says go to Options/Audio and click on the Input Monitor tab, but there is no Input Monitor Tab 2. When I go to Process/Audio/Antares/Auto-tune3, 2.2 would insert it as an effect. In 3.0, Auto-Tune comes up, but will not allow me to return to Sonar so I can play the effected audio. I have to close Auto Tune before I can return to Sonar. The Audition doesn't work, but maybe I need to set a longer buffer. As it stands, my only option is to make the settings in Auto Tune and process the files without hearing the effect until Auto Tune is closed. I don't know if these are bugs or intentional changes that require a different way of operation. I know somebody from Cakewalk sometimes monitors this forum. I'm hoping to short circuit the tech support process and avoid being on hold for an eon or two. Any help would be much appreciated.( please, no castigations for using Auto Tune)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by BBach: [b]I discovered two things about Sonar 3 that are not behaving the same as Sonar 2.2. 1. I cannot turn off Input Monitoring. The Help file says go to Options/Audio and click on the Input Monitor tab, but there is no Input Monitor Tab [/b][/quote]There's a little button in the track view that looks like this ->> . Press that to enable and disable direct monitoring. Audio engine must be stopped to do so. [quote][b] 2. When I go to Process/Audio/Antares/Auto-tune3, 2.2 would insert it as an effect. In 3.0, Auto-Tune comes up, but will not allow me to return to Sonar so I can play the effected audio. I have to close Auto Tune before I can return to Sonar. The Audition doesn't work, but maybe I need to set a longer buffer. As it stands, my only option is to make the settings in Auto Tune and process the files without hearing the effect until Auto Tune is closed. [/b][/quote]That would not be the correct way to run as an "insert or inline" effect. Go to your effects box just below the input monitoring button and right click and instert Autotune 3 there.
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

*My* only complaint with the new input monitoring feature is that it's too easy to press one button accidently and suddenly have feedback. They really should have an option to turn the whole thing off globally, and then you won't make fatal mistakes (I don't usually use input monitoring, and the presence of that button makes me nervous). :eek: Shayne
Discover Human Music by Shayne White at: http://www.shaynesworld.com

Archived