Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My Turn At The Decade Mark

soapbox

Now that this forum has been around for over a decade, a lot of us are beginning to hit the decade mark of posting here ourselves. Well today, it's my turn.

I originally posted here as soapbox and later decided to switch to my real name--Geoff Grace. I sometimes still post as soapbox for fun or nostalgia, and it seemed fitting that I do so again to mark the decade I've been here.

Thanks to Craig Anderton, whose SSS forum I came here for and thanks to dB and the rest of you for giving me a reason to stick around all of this time. It's been great! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, may I be one of the first current forumites to congratulate you, Geoff.

Thanks for the great posts, and especially one of my favorite topics - The Official MLB thread.

Keep up the good work! :thu:

Here for the gear.

Personally it's been great getting to know you over the last ten years, Geoff. Thanks for the insightful, kind and thoughtful voice on so many subjects that have come up in this community.

Now wheres that composer's reel you shared with us a few years ago? I love it. :thu:

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words; and thank you for your posts! :thu:

Note new honorary title. :cool:

dB

Wow! Cool! I am indeed honored. Thanks, Dave.

Now wheres that composer's reel you shared with us a few years ago? I love it. :thu:

Thanks so much, Jerry. I can't recall exactly which tunes I shared, but you're welcome to check out the examples posted at my site:

http://www.geoffgrace.com/examples.htm

Best,

Geoff

aka soapbox

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Well, may I be one of the first current forumites to congratulate you, Geoff.

Thanks for the great posts, and especially one of my favorite topics - The Official MLB thread.

Keep up the good work! :thu:

:thu::thu::thu:

You always have great insight in matters baseball and non baseball alike.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

And you'll always have me wondering, do you actually BOLD people's names yourself, or does your version of the program do it for you?

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Does it get confusing remembering which login ID and password you're using? What happens if you forget to log out as soapbox and start replying to Geoff's threads?

:wave:

Congrats on a great decade! I think I have just over a year before I hit the big 1-0 here.

Dude, you're the "TPS cook & bottle washer." What are you complaining about, dishpan hands? ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Ten years, wow. Geoff, your contributions to KC and SSS are invaluable, and have made both places much better, more well-informed, and classier places.

I've posted here for quite some time, although not always actively, but maybe have posted here for close to ten years, I'm not sure. I've certainly posted on Craig's SSS forum for a long time, I believe around 1995, when it was housed on AOL.

So, hey, just for fun, I took a trip in the Way Back Machine, and found my first posts to Musicplayer.

This is my first post to Musicplayer, which was on Craig's SSS forum, 12-21-2000. It was a post on inventive guitar sounds. I zipped past the ten year mark last December without knowing it...but Geoff's thread got me curious (note the bolding of the name...pretty good, eh?).

This is my first post to Keyboard Corner - 06-05-2001. Naturally, it was about the Lakers. :D

Yeah, it's fun to reminisce. Just tonight, I saw this on ESPN, and then I went back read our old posts about it.

I really enjoy our history together in this forum. :thu:

And you'll always have me wondering, do you actually BOLD people's names yourself, or does your version of the program do it for you?

It's become quick and second nature for me to bold code people's names.

Does it get confusing remembering which login ID and password you're using? What happens if you forget to log out as soapbox and start replying to Geoff's threads?

During the rare times I use both accounts, I sign into one browser under one screen name and another browser under the other and just leave it that way. :)

Thanks again, everyone, for your kind words, and backatcha! :wave:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Congrats in reaching the decade milestone Geoff. Great having you here especially in the NFL thread. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Archived