Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Things to hear at NAMM....

LX88

Hello everybody...

Since NAMM is a little over a week away I decided to ask the people on this list what they would most like to see and hear at the NAMM show this year.

I missed a few things last year out of pure ignorance. This time I don't want miss anything important, so whether you are going there or not, tell me what you would most like to see this year.

Also... if you know about any great performances or players who will ( or might) be there let us know that too.

Personally I will be checking out the NUMA organ at Hall E, Booth 1008. I am looking forward to meeting Elvio Previati, the Key B /NUMA sound engine designer.

I am also VERY curious about sampled piano software, so tell me what you know about what I should not miss.

Or anything else important about NAMM that I should know.

Hope to see you there.....

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg Mathieson, Abe Laboriel Sr., Abe Laboriel Jr., and Mike Landau - The Baked Potato, Saturday, Jan 15th @ 9:30 and 11:30. I see them every year.

Yeah, they're retardedly good.

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

I was just informed that Gand Music will be showing the Neo Ventilator at the Hilton Hotel. I think this is actually separate from NAMM but very close to the halls.

I have only played one briefly at a jam session - it sounded terrible but I am fairly sure that bad ( shrill) amplification was a big part of the problem. Dr. Lonnie sure doesn't sound terrible in the Ventilator Youtube clip......

New Nord Stage

Kawai MP-10 and MP-6

Kurzweil PC3 expansion ROM

Kurzweil K3000 (I know this ain't gonna happen yet, but you never know)

Ian Benhamou

Keyboards/Guitar/Vocals

[url:https://www.facebook.com/OfficialTheMusicalBox/]The Musical Box[/url]

any new V-Piano V2 ?

Didn't Roland release what's essentially V2 at the last NAMM? New sounds were made available, anyway.

Just 4 new piano sounds that anybody could have built with the sound editor !

We need new hardware with improved user interface, easy to use seqensor, some "non" piano sounds.... to justify the price. A "real grand piano" action like in the Yamaha avantgrand will be also very welcome ..

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever

We need new hardware with improved user interface, easy to use seqensor, some "non" piano sounds.... to justify the price. A "real grand piano" action like in the Yamaha avantgrand will be also very welcome ..

I could see Roland adding EP sounds to compete with the CP1, but I don't see them doing the kind of overhaul you desire. Think about it: what you're asking for is essentially the new FP7F, which is what, $4,000 cheaper? :idea:

At a certain point, you have to ask yourself: which is more important, playing or searching for a Holy Grail that doesn't exist and is unlikely to exist anytime soon.

actual products I hope will be available this year...

from SMproAudio: the long-fabled V-Machine hardware upgrade, and/or the V-Rack

from Peavey/Muse: the endlessly-demoed MuseBox

from Kurzweil: a rack version of any of the new PC3-family incarnations

from VenturaKeyboards: the mockup-only Epoch organ/piano hybrid

from Nord: a new Stage Compact

from GenuineSoundware: VB3-2

from anybody: a lightweight, Hammond-style controller with drawbars and waterfall keys

from Hammond: a new XK "stage" organ without all the wood, weight, and $$$

from InfiniteResponse: user-installable reverse-colored keys for the VAX77 (so my organ presets will stand out)

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73

actual products I hope will be available this year...

from Kurzweil:

a rack version of any of the new PC3-family incarnations

from GenuineSoundware:

VB3-2

from anybody:

a lightweight, Hammond-style controller with drawbars and waterfall keys

Exactly my wishes,- plus a Yamaha Motif XF rack w/ 1GB of Flash RAM already included.

I hope for a (engine less) NUMA organ controller from Studiologic for EUR 999.-

If that doesn´t happen, I´ll buy the Numa Organ w/ engine and use it as a controller in case I use software.

A.C.

I don't have credentials to attend (legitimately). Someone please nag Muse Research about the Musebox *still* not being released sEveral years since their announcement of it. I know, if asked they will probably say it's due to economic factors; weighing how many they can viably sell vs. production costs (or there's my theory I still maintain that maybe they're afraid of cannabilzing Receptor sales). I wonder if they've even bothered though with surveys to test the waters so to speak, as to the demand for that product (Musebox) at that pricepoint (can't remember but significantly lower than Receptor 2). I'm not trying to be disparaging toward them but that's a heck of a long time to wait since announcing a product.

Archived