Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mixer choosing for Travelers

Pathetique

Hi forum its a pleasure to be here

there my first post goes

I start beeing on tours and having problem with sound engineers so ı decide to get a small mixer to connect my keyboards and mix into the sound myself and have power to change what ı want how ı want..

I need at least 2 stereo channels and a balnced output to the main mixer

I searched like 2 3 days and in market people talks about 3 mixers and they are

Allen heath zed 10fx

Yamaha Mg 82 fx

Mackie profx 8

thanks for answers

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All of the ones that you mention would work fine. I own a Mackie and they're solid, although no Mackie inspires me to jump up and down. I'm partial to Soundcraft and Allen and Heath. I'm not familiar with the Rolls that rcc mentions, so that might be a good bet as well too.

Something you may consider (works fairly well) is a hardware box like a PreSonus Firestudio Mobile - it has 8 analog inputs and two outputs. Set it up in Universal Control, and you're solved. I still run a Radial D2 with mine, depending on the venue, but soft mixing has solved my issue of carting even a 12 channel Mackie around.

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

Something you may consider (works fairly well) is a hardware box like a PreSonus Firestudio Mobile - it has 8 analog inputs and two outputs. Set it up in Universal Control, and you're solved. I still run a Radial D2 with mine, depending on the venue, but soft mixing has solved my issue of carting even a 12 channel Mackie around.

From the thread title I was surprised no one suggested the MOTU Traveler or Ultralite. They both could work well for the OP.

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

Thanks for comments

well ı really liked the soundcraft notepad 124fx and take a consideration on that.

motus are way over my budget and presonus is not the tool that ı am looking one but has many great features.

so its hard to find allen heath cause of stocks ı will continue to take comments on yamaha mackie and soundcraft

...well ı really liked the soundcraft...

...presonus is not the tool that ı am looking one but has many great features.

...its hard to find allen heath cause of stocks ı...

Sorry if I'm completely out of the loop here - but what the hell does " ı " mean exactly??? :idk

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

what the hell does " ı " mean exactly??? :idk

html for the special character of a lower case i (without the dot) . . . OP may have copy and pasted html in the post entry :) . . . unless it's the model # of an unannounced new product. :)

U1 | NP | NS3 | NE3 HP | K10

Sometimes if someone has a keyboard that is not designed for English, some of the letters or symbols may turn out as gibberish when viewed by other computers that don't have those fonts installed or other similar circumstances.

Archived