Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is an Internet Troll?

picker

Over the top, snotty remarks and personal insults to anybody "she"(this is the internet, no one knows who or what anyone is) disagrees with or doesn't like, repeated over and over and over...yeah, it fits.

Don't feed the troll, and it will eventually become frustrated that it can't get a rise out of anyone, and go away.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Over the top, snotty remarks and personal insults to anybody "she"(this is the internet, no one knows who or what anyone is) disagrees with or doesn't like, repeated over and over and over...yeah, it fits.

Don't feed the troll, and it will eventually become frustrated that it can't get a rise out of anyone, and go away.

We could also ask why you are here. Do you even own a bass?

And, since I have come here, you have been the troll, following me around being insulting and controversial and even sicking the mods on me.

You're a sad little man Picker.

An army of me

One of many uses

http://www.magnetsource.com/Solutions_Pages/cowmags.html

Do they work on trolls?

http://artoftrolling.memebase.com/

there is a whole series of "trolling" where people go to mormon chat rooms and talk to missionaries... asking how do magnets work is apparently the beginning of many troll attempts.

www.burning3.com

Music Man Stingray 5 HH

Peavey T-40

Hartke LH500

Ampeg SVT410HLF

One of many uses

http://www.magnetsource.com/Solutions_Pages/cowmags.html

Do they work on trolls?

http://artoftrolling.memebase.com/

there is a whole series of "trolling" where people go to mormon chat rooms and talk to missionaries... asking how do magnets work is apparently the beginning of many troll attempts.

I have a friend who is a troll magnet! Every time we go out the ugly guys go right to her.

An army of me

I think I know where this is coming from (and I don't mean the thread, I mean the sentiment) and I have to say that for the longest time I thought she was "he who will not be named" too. Now I no longer think so.

I don't know how many people are registered but in reality I think there are 15 - 20 of us who post regularly (if that many) and so, I think we as a group tend to be pretty hard on certain newcomers. Anyone remember how Thanny was initially "welcomed"?

And okay, hotlix has a different way of expressing herself than most of us here - she gets to the point and says what she has to say. Sometimes she insults people along the way, which may be part of the fun for her, or simply be how she goes through life. I have a colleague like that, who goes through life speaking his mind 99.99% of the time and whilst it takes getting used to, his honesty is refreshing and sometimes I think more people (myself included) should just speak their minds.

But I was not asked to speak on anyone's behalf - she already called me a cavalier - so I will just shut up now.

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

So many questions...

Is trolling different from trawling?

Isn't a troll the thing you use to spread mortar?

Or is it large, brutish and a direct descendant from the Norse jötnar?

Who's the whitest-sounding white girl you've ever seen?

Push the button Frank.

What is "thread hijacking"?

Taking over a thread on a message board by taking a part of the original posted topic, twisting it around and "hijacking" the thread itself. What happens is that the original content contained in the post becomes moot and whatever the "Thread Jacker" has manipulated the content to be becomes the new content thereby "hijacking" the original intent of post. People now respond to the "thread jacker's" input and the that becomes the focus of the tread.

Push the button Frank.

Here's an adorable gif of a cat being strangled with a yellow cord.

HA! Mesmerizing....I kept watching this and completely forgot what the thread was about. Hijacking at its finest.

Ps. What was the thread about?

"Of all the world's bassists, I'm one of them!" - Lug

So by definition Picker, you are a troll. First, you called a her a "troll". Second, you are acting like we don't know who "you" are talking about.

Thank you for your contributions.

http://www.comedycentral.com/tosh.0/files/2010/12/bonations.jpg

Frickin hilarious!

How do you sign a computer screen?

What is the personality disorder behind this? I wonder.

Apparently,Internet Troll Personality Disorder is becoming a real enough problem that the American Psychiatric Association has given it that name...

Do you think this kind of posting they are talking about? The troll PMed me with this today...

You'll never win a battle of wits with me. You have no weapons.

You are just a pathetic loser who has no talent, no real job, no home, no friends, no common sense and no class. The crap you have been posting just makes you look like a jerk. Or should I say more like a jerk.

I'll let you in on a little secret . . . I have friends here - you don't. My in box has at least one message in it every morning, does yours? What you have are people that put up with your stupidity and pretend to like you the same way they pretend to like any other mentally challenged person - they smile when really, they just want them to shut up and go away.

THAT'S what's commonly called "trolling" , folks. Don't feed the the troll...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived