Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does the PC3X ship with sustain pedal?

Mr. B.

Hi, I bought a used, new for me PC3X from Musicians Friend and they told me the sustain pedal was missing. So I am assuming the board normally ships with one.

Does it?

Please don't give any silly answers as I do not know what items are suppose to ship with the board. Thanks everyone.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you very much gentlemen, you have been very helpful.

Yes, I have been to the Kurzweil site but just do not remember reading about the included sustain pedal.

No, I did not take the time to read specifically find out if one was included at MF, at Christmas time I have five grown kids that come by and I was quite busy. I wanted to find a specific board and buy from some one reputible. I did.

I will definitly contact Kurzweil about this, thanks.

Best thing - as long as you plug it in and then power up (and don't press it during the bootup), you can use either normally open or normally closed switch pedals. The default Kurzweil pedal is normally open.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Go online and buy several of the switching pedals as well as several of the CC pedals. One of the beauties of Kurzweils is the way you get so many back-panel pedal connections that can be configured to do a million useful hands-free things.

One of my next Kurz experiments is to connect a CC sustain pedal (one originally made for a half-pedaling sustain) to one of the CC inputs and use it for pedal steel-style (say that three times!) pitch bending.

Love Kurzweil.

Larry.

If you do this, be sure to check out the programming in program 328, which uses the sus pedal to bend up or down into the target note (depending on if the switch above the mod wheel is on or off).

The bend only happens in the right side of the keyboard.

Look at the DSP mod page for layer 1.

Not 100% sure, but there might be something useful in there for you to grab and apply to a pedal steel sound.

Again, forum members, a million thanks for all the fantastic info. Since I've never owned one of these I don't know what to expect although I am expecting one of the very best boards ever. I've been a drummer/syth/lead vocals/background vocalist for the largest part of my musical playing pro touring life. I play guitar very well too as well as keyboards and know a good deal about many other boards. To be redundant, just not about the Kurz! I'm ready for the PC3X to arrive.

You have all been so very helpfull and I hope all the other forums receive half the help everyone who asks here receives. My biggest problem in buying anything musical is that I am no longer able to work for a living, I have stated this before in the past. I had three severe auto accidents ten years ago in three consequtive years. The last being the very worst, woke up out of a so called short coma of three weeks and went on from there. My back was severly injured but inoperable so I'm on muscle spasm meds and narcotics for pain the rest of my life, it sucks but this is my life now. I am not in a wheel chair thank God! I am still able to walk, stand, and sit but for varying amounts of time. I am only able to sit and play my boards for a max of two hours, if I go longer my back stops working, it locks up and won't move, I have to crawl on my hands/knees to grab my meds if I forget to bring to the room I'm in. To observe me you would never know anything was wrong at all. NO, I absolutely do not want any sympathy from anyone thank you, I am doing the very best I can. I am not able to play a drum kit any longer, too much twisting in the lower back. But, I do build acoustic guitars for one of my many hobbies. How you ask, cutting wood, sanding, the clamping and all else, I just do for therapy and caught the bug, I do it and don't think about it, I just enjoy what I am doing as with playing keyboards, I love that.

So you all know a bit about me and why I have almost no money, I live below the poverty level, how did I afford the Kurz? It was used and I had a funds in different types of accounts, it's just in another name now. I owned several computer businesses, I was comfortable. I still have funds for retirement, I just don't use it for anything. Yes, I do give to church and to many charities every Christmas, if you have it you should give and I always have.

If you do this, be sure to check out the programming in program 328, which uses the sus pedal to bend up or down into the target note (depending on if the switch above the mod wheel is on or off).

The bend only happens in the right side of the keyboard.

Look at the DSP mod page for layer 1.

Not 100% sure, but there might be something useful in there for you to grab and apply to a pedal steel sound.

You are some crazy crackers over there! You guys think of everything, and then some!

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Archived