Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT:So, what did you get for Christmas?

jcadmus

My brother got me a cool little flashlight with 9 built-in screwdrivers, very handy for dark stages. My Mom and her sister both got me $25 gifts cards, and I got few other little doodads. It was a quiet, peaceful Christmas with no real family drama, and that was the best present of all.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy belated Hanukkah Jeremy!

I got a set of Kia sport pedals to fit my Soul, a pair of long-tailed black t-shirts from Duluth Trading Co. (because one can never have enough black t-shirts) and some funk compilations on CD, Funk Drops Vols 1, 2, and 3.

- Matt W.

-Got a new pair of black basketball shoes from Kmart

-the Rush documentary "Beyond the Lighted Stage" on DVD

-$80... will either go to savings or some photo gear (maybe a proper digital flash for my Pentax K-x dslr)

-electric guitar tshirt from thinkgeek.com, complete with mini amp and tiny preprogrammed guitar. kind of hard for me to play well... :/ but I like it.

• 2 weeks later...
The Carvin LM12's that I got work splendid on bass; crisp, clean booty. They stack well, small footprint. Easy to cart around, and fit in the trunk. Gonna use the fly point on top of the speaker to mount my Superfly head. I really think Carvin should sell a tweeter-less version of the same for bass purposes.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

The Carvin LM12's that I got work splendid on bass; crisp, clean booty. They stack well, small footprint. Easy to cart around, and fit in the trunk. Gonna use the fly point on top of the speaker to mount my Superfly head. I really think Carvin should sell a tweeter-less version of the same for bass purposes.

You're a tweeter-less version of the same.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

A couple of gift cards - but that's cool - I got some nice CDs with them. And paid for the gifts I sent! (My family are not that demanding - send 'em a movie or CD and they are happy.)

The wife? I got her a new blender and DVD player, plus a nice dinner.. at McDonald's (just kidding!)

The Carvin LM12's ...(snip).... Gonna use the fly point on top of the speaker to mount my Superfly head.

Done. Will gig with it next Saturday night and give a report. It took a trip to Lowe's 'cause it needed metric threads.

Successful. Stacked the pair, Superfly lived on top. Booty-full, crisp, and clean. Small footprint. I think I'm in love. Running a pair of 8 ohm cabs instead of the one or two 4 ohm (Dr.K and the Behringer wedge with replacement guts) had the Superfly run a whole lot cooler. Like, a real whole lot cooler.

Yes. The Superfly has two power amps in it, so the two 4 ohm cabs are not creating a 2 ohm load.

Archived