Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT:So, what did you get for Christmas?

jcadmus

New Muck boots (for walking the dog, shoveling the walk, etc).

North Face jacket.

CDs -- Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brickroad (been wanting that for awhile) and self-titled by Curtis (instrumental three-piece).

Shirts.

Thermal hoodie to go under my Carhartt vest (got that last year).

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G/K FS-i with cable (matches my currrent G/K GLx stack) and a G/K ball cap.

Vinturi wine areation system (now I can open those 10 year old Cab Sauvs I've been saving up).

Faith No More - Epic and Other Hits

Kansas - Greatest Hits

Twisted Sistere - Stay Hungry

Van Halen - Van Halen

Led Zeppelin - I, III, IV (II is still in transit)

I think I made out well.

With rare exceptions, I find myself buying a lot of "Greatest Hits" and "20th Century Masters" collections. I'm still trying to figure out how I spend $17.00 on the two CD collection of Ted Nugent and it DOESN'T have "Stranglehold" on it!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

few shirts, iPod holder to strap to the arm, book about the Battle of Gettysburg (visited there this past summer), knit cap from UVa (where my daughter goes), wallet from Italy (where my other daughter studied this past semester). My wife and I have been together for 25 years and finally decided this year--no gifts. But I did buy her a bottle of Black Bushmills Irish Whiskey. Oh, yeah...
"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Leo Tolstoy

Vinturi wine areation system (now I can open those 10 year old Cab Sauvs I've been saving up).

Got that for Valentine's Day this year -- love mine.

With rare exceptions, I find myself buying a lot of "Greatest Hits" and "20th Century Masters" collections.

Me too. Although there are certain albums I just have to have in total (Elton John "Yellowbrick Road," Fleetwood Mac "Rumours," Steely Dan "Aja," etc.)

I'm still trying to figure out how I spend $17.00 on the two CD collection of Ted Nugent and it DOESN'T have "Stranglehold" on it!

How is that even possible?

2008 Mustang Bullitt. OK, I got the car a month ago, Christmas came early. Receipt of this car also covers any give-giving event for the next few years.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

In addition to the new Roscoe - I got a new Lava Cable "Clear Connect" instrument cord. Nothing really wrong with my previous cables, but the Neutrik jacks (heavy duty) would not connect correctly with my Roscoes. Can't have that, ya know? (Roscoes have a recessed jack that can be modified, but not worth the trouble).

The "Clear Connect's" sound great, have a great warranty and work great with all my basses.

(I have no relationship with Lava Cables other than being a very satisfied customer.)

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Me too. Although there are certain albums I just have to have in total (Elton John "Yellowbrick Road," Fleetwood Mac "Rumours," Steely Dan "Aja," etc.)

At the risk of sounding ignorant, Rumors is kinda Mac's "Greatest Hits" CD.

Well, merely because almost every song on the record was a hit. How many bands can say that?

iPad accessories: dock, case, VGA cable, Bluetooth keyboard, socks, a bottle of Raumbauer Cabernet, and a photo scrapbook of my kids.

I get more excited about coming up with good presents for other people. Like, if I think I have a really good idea for somebody and they end up really liking it, that makes me happy. Lists are sort of lame, and kind of suck, but I guess are safe.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, Rumors is kinda Mac's "Greatest Hits" CD.

Well, merely because almost every song on the record was a hit. How many bands can say that?

Metallica's Black Album? Odd thing #2 - Joan Jett and the Blackheart's Greatest Hits (2010) doesn't include "I Love Rock n Roll"

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

I get more excited about coming up with good presents for other people. Like, if I think I have a really good idea for somebody and they end up really liking it, that makes me happy.

Me too -- I had some real hits this year with my wife and my daughter.

I got lotsa cool stuff: a tie, socks (yes, I am actually happy with those articles), a pair of Vans sneakers, volume 11 of Ultimate Spider-man in oversized hardcover format and a new cell phone. Not an iPhone or the likes, but one where the main function is calling people ...

I disagree about lists being lame, because I make one myself every year *lol* That said, none of the above items were on the list, and I usually go out of my way to buy stuff people were not expecting but were happy with. This year I figured I'd get the misses something off her list but inadvertently I bought a different item which made her happier :)

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

A bottle of some single malt scotch I've never had before.

And for some reason, I'm still getting cash from my father and my mother in law for birthday and Christmas. Now, there is nothing wrong with that. But I do feel a little weird about it 'cause I'm not a kid anymore. At any rate, I took the money and the extra cash I acquired from unloading the Peavey Hernea et.al. on craigslist for this:

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=XP800L-LM12&cid=101

Anybody want to buy a mic or two for cheap?

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

I got a shower pan and a plumber paid for to add the drain for said shower pan in the basement....

That little project is turning into a remodel of the basement so I can have my own little piece of privacy. With that being said, I have torn down three walls, pulled up carpet, made a serious mess, moved the washer and dryer, made a bigger mess and getting ready to pull down the drywall from the ceiling...making an ever bigger mess. That was all yesterday. Had to work today. Have the rest of the week off which was going to be playing some tunes and taking it easy as I am in between semesters at school.

Guess again!

How do you sign a computer screen?

I got permission to say what I got...

You know that little Santa 2 piece outfit that is in Fredericks of Hollywood? My own personal Santa came to visit me Christmas morning (kids were not here yet)... She was wearing that... yes....

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

I got more than I deserve.

A Vox AC4TV guitar amp

Vox wah wah pedal (Ok, so no bass gear... I'm pretty happy with my bass set up)

"The Tick Vs. Seasons 1 and 2" on DVD

"The Kids Are Alright" on DVD

CDs: David Crowder Band - "Remedy"; Glass Hammer ; "The Middle Earth Album"

And a Pete Townsend/The Who signature series shirt from the Hard Rock Cafe in Myrtle Beach, NC (my wife stopped by there while visiting her mother over the summer)

News that I'm going to be a grandfather in July.

All in all, quite a good day. And the family got "Epic Mickey" for the Wii - that's a cool game.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Had a great Christmas in Boston...

received

A nice pair of gloves

Boxer shorts that expand to size when soaked in water

$100. Guitar Center gift card

I very nice bottle of 9% alcohol beer...

Very nice bottle of Malbec from Argentina

It was a very nice holiday...

www.danielprine.com

Time with the Family that was uninterrupted (This is rare!)

A Stetson Caroll Shelby hat

An M-Audio Fast Track with Protools 8

Desktop Mixer

New pair of all terrain Nike Cross Trainers

Some new Stainless steel/titanium rings

And I got to spoil my wife and daughter ROTTEN!

www.burning3.com

Music Man Stingray 5 HH

Peavey T-40

Hartke LH500

Ampeg SVT410HLF

You know that little Santa 2 piece outfit that is in Fredericks of Hollywood? My own personal Santa came to visit me Christmas morning (kids were not here yet)... She was wearing that... yes....

This post is useless without pictures. :grin:

Nice warm flannel PJs and slippers. Time to spend with my critters on Christmas day, as my wife, an RN, worked 3:30-midnight.

And our harp player gave me a Shure SM-57 mic. A generous gift, though I think it may have been partly because he believed my AT mic to be a piece of crap. The Shure IS better lol...

This post is useless without pictures. :grin:

Not going to happen.....

Go to Fredricks of Hollywood catalog. Turn on imagination....

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Archived