Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Nord Boesendorfer is here!

Tobias Åslund

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just tossing in my 0.02 cents here.... I downloaded the Boesendorfer and played around with it today. Not bad, but I still prefer "Grand Lady D."

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

I liked the Grand lady D more myself. It wasn't as huge sounding as the new Bosie but I preferred the sound.

Last night I did something on Acoustic where I really wished I'd kept my NP to sit next to the piano. In addition to some Standards and Jazz stuff, this singer was doing some tasteful Latin, RnB and Pop things. For that situation, an Acoustic and another keyboard, I couldn't think of a better combination. To be able to have had that Sparkletop Rhodes, one or two of the other Rhodes and the Nord Wurlitzer to add the different color would have been perfect. Oh well..... :(

Unfortunately most of the time the main reason I need a DP is for piano.

I easily prefer the Bosendorfer to any previous Nord piano. (I've heard them all, but only in their small variations.) These things are always, to some extent, a matter of personal taste, but to those who have reservations about it, I would suggest two things to be sure to evaluate it fairly:

1) play it from your favorite weighted keyboard, and

2) when comparing it to others, listen through headphones to help eliminate the variable of the playback system... though practically speaking, if you're going to be playing out with a specific amp, you obviously will want to know which piano sounds best through that particular amp, even if it's not necessarily the piano that sounds best in other circumstances.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Archived