Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Favorite Christmas story?

whitefang

I believe I posted this before, a long time ago. But I think it's worth putting up again.

And yes, it really happened.

Favorite Christmas Story

It was sometime back in the late 70s, I believe, when my ex-wifes sister used to teach Sunday school (probably still does).

She handled the kids from ages four to six. Christmas fell on Tuesday that year, and she figured the children were so geeked up for Christmas that she wouldnt get them to pay attention to any Bible lesson. So she handed out some drawing paper and crayons and told the children to just draw a picture of something to do with Christmas. She would look them over when they were done.

Well, when the kids all drew their pictures, she walked around to each child to comment on how well they had done. There were many drawings of Christmas trees and even though they were in church, some children drew pictures of Santa Claus. Some others attempted to draw the Nativity. While going over one of these, she decided to point out various features of the artwork with the little boy who drew it. OK, so this is the Baby Jesus.

Yep, said the boy.

And this is Mary and Joseph, right?

Uh-huh.

And these are the three wise men?

Nu-uh. THOSE two are wise men. The third wise man is over there. That last one is a shepherd.

Oh, OK. Then she asked, So whats this you have floating up in the air over everybody? It looks like a GORILLA?

The kid looked at her like she was nuts!

THATS not a gorilla he said. Thats MARK, THE HAIRY ANGEL!

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My two kids came to tell me that the older kids at school told them that there is no Santa Claus and they wanted to know if I still believed in Santa? my answer was yes, and when you stop beleiving in Santa he quits coming to see you...they continued to beleive in Santa all the way through High School and College...
Take care, Larryz

One year I wished for a a BB gun and I got it. I spent the morning in the backyard shooting bad guys. I almost shot my eye out! Later the Turkey dinner got burnt and we ended up at the only place open, a Chinese food place. The staff came out and sang to us "FAR RA RA RA RA RA, RU RA RA RA!"

Ah, the good old days!

Archived