Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Christmas Time is Here - Bass Guitar Rendition

LLroomtempJ

Hello all,

just in case anyone is interested, i put together a 4 track version of vince guaraldi's "christmas time is here".

The solo is only partially transcribed. There was so much that vince was doing that is inaccessible to me.

It's a little long (5:50) - but if you like the version recorded by the vince guaraldo trio, then there is a nonzero chance that you will appreciate this :o)

here's the link:

thanks for checking it out.

jason

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks, guys.

I really appreciate the feedback.

Picker: i hear and i agree. I was going for a collective improvisation feel for the harmony part (intentional slight differences in timing and phrasing) , but that section could've been cleaner. I only played what you heard once, so that unclean section appears twice in the song (via the art of copying and pasting).

The most difficult thing to get right was the "audio engineering". I have a yamaha audiogram6 usb recording interface and i'm using cubase AI.

I think i would be served well by a cubase class or something.

jason

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

Thanks Jason, that was really enjoyable! My wife is a huge fan of all the Charlie Brown specials and she has gotten me into it over the years too. I always liked that Pigpen was the bass player, too.

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

Archived