Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moving a Hammond M3 Tomorrow

Maestro Dirk

Tomorrow I will be helping a friend and his brother move a recently purchased Hammond M-3 to their recording studio. First thing is - I'm totally stoked to play it, but I need to know if there's anything specific I need to know about transporting this organ.

I've heard people mention locking the tonewheels while moving a B-3, is this necessary with the M series? Any other tips or tricks, other than lift with your legs?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any other tips or tricks, other than lift with your legs?

Aside from locking the tonewheels down and keeping it as level is reasonably possible (please never put them "up on end").

My only other advice is to just be happy you're not moving a B3.

:)

Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

I hope you're back is alright! We brought home an old Hammond note-a-chord earlier in the summer to try it out. It was full of rat droppings and beyond repair (there was always a resonating G#), but it was fun while it lasted. Moving it, though, shot my back for the entire summer.

~ Sean

Juno-60, Juno-G, MicroBrute, MS-20 Mini, PX-5S, R3, etc.

Archived