Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Manring in Boise?? Why???

Cthulhu Fhtagn

http://kpr.craigslist.org/muc/2117104888.html

ATTENTION BASS PLAYERS & ALL MUSICIANS- Check this out!! (Boise, ID)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2010-12-16, 9:21PM PST

Reply to: comm-zsnch-2117104888@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Manring (bassist, solo artist, composer and 3 time grammy award nominee) is coming to Boise in 2011, Date and venue to be determine by the amount of interest Boise and surrounding areas generate and performers schedule. For more information, email me via CL or RSVP on Facebook Go to Manring Concert RSVP on Facebook.

Want more info on Michael? Go to www.manthing.com

Owing to my compete distrust of websites and stuff on MySpace, anyone out there confirm this?

I'm trying to decide if making the 7 hour drive over the mountains in the middle of winter is worth it.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ad clearly states that there is nothing scheduled, and that times, dates, venues, blargy-farg are dependant on response and level of interest.

Not sure if this "business as usual".

If he were showing up for a workshop or something, I might be interested. If he were showing up just to put on a concert, not so much.

I am on the record as having complained that everything worthwile bass-wise seems to center on NYC or LA and that if something were to happen a little closer to home (say ... Seattle?), I might be interested.

Boise, Idaho?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

I'm not sure how I was able to see Steve Lawson.

He held a master class/mini concert with his partner Lobelia in the Detroit area. I believe it was sponsored by the local bass-only music store, Low Down Sounds (sadly now defunct). Steve was over here on a tour if I recall.

It looks like Michael's fans/friends noticed he is playing Colorado and then California. Surely a stop in Idaho would be somewhat convenient? Maybe without a sponsor, though, they are trying to see if enough people will come out to make it worthwhile.

I'm trying to decide if making the 7 hour drive over the mountains in the middle of winter is worth it.
That's a tough call. If you feel this is a once in a lifetime opportunity then I'd say go for it. Sign up and hope for the best.

We have names come here all the time. Chuck Levins in wherever it is around here (near DC) has people come out for clinics. A music store in Fredericksburg has people come out too. Actually, Adam Nitti is coming soon or was recently here.

Looked it up...he was here on December 13th.

How do you sign a computer screen?

• 2 months later...

Hello, I found your post and want to confirm this for you. Yes! Michael Manring is coming to Boise, March 26th at the Rose Room. I am the promoter for this show, so you have it first hand. The date should be up on his website now. www.manthing.com. Tickets are available at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/154220. Any questions, please feel free to post to this thread or email me.

Cheers!

Patti

Archived