Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Whatever happened to the Roland/Ultimate "V" Stand??

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it appears there was a design flaw, I sent mine back for warranty repair even thought it appeared the defective part as field replaceable.

They are reliable if you leave them set up in one place..

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

Virtually every piece on the VS80 is custom manufactured, so the inability to repair / get replacement parts caused said decision. It's too bad - I love that stand - I have 1 main, 1 backup, and 2 brand new ones in the box ;-)

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

I have a broken one...never bothered sending it in. Looks cool, never real happy with the available combination of top tier angle and 1st to 2nd tier height, was awkward to transport with 2nd tier and mic boom, and of course it broke. Other than that it was great :freak:

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I get shit from bandmates for using so many different keyboard stands. I try to explain that they are all deeply flawed and hence must take turns being in and out of favor. Been using the "V" more than any other the last couple years. Like how compact it is folded up an in it's bag, and that it gets up to a nice height for standing. A little too much bounce though.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Funny, I have been looking for an Invisible as of late. I too like the V, but it is just lacking in a few areas. Not quite baked.

On the Invisible front, wasn't someone making them again on a limited basis? I have seen a couple pop up on eBay, but in the area of $300 or more. That's a little on the steep side for me...

I had a V-stand and switched to the K&M18950. The V-stand's main problems, for me, were also the vertical flexing and the height of the second tier. I didn't find it awkward to carry around, as I could get the second tier, fittings and mic boom in the case along with the stand. But it was fiddly and time-consuming to set up if you were using the second tier.

The K&M is great and is just as quick to set up as the V. I carry around the second tier bits already set up for angle etc, so I just slot 'em in, tighten the retaining screws and we're good to go.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

On the Invisible front, wasn't someone making them again on a limited basis? I have seen a couple pop up on eBay, but in the area of $300 or more. That's a little on the steep side for me...

Anyone ever seen one of these? The Solid Stands Freedom Electric Keyboard Stand for only $699...

http://www.clspro.com/concrete/themes/clspro2009/images/freedom_breakdown.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Anyone ever seen one of these? The Solid Stands Freedom Electric Keyboard Stand for only $699...

I did a review on the Solid Stand about 4 years ago. Read it here. Solid Stand Review Sept 2006

It is an interesting stand, but not the easiest thing to set up and break down for gigging keyboard players without a tech. It would be perfect in a studio or church setting where you have different players of different heights or stand/sit preferences using the same rig.

My favorite stand, surprise surprise, remains the Invisible.

Just ditched my aging 2-tier Invisible Stand for an X-style 2-tier Quick-loc a few months ago. Standing at my rig with that top board slanting down over the top of the lower manual just looks more rock n roll. It's a little tall so I've adopted a perpedicular stance to the front of the stage. I prefer the upper tier arms to be at the same angle as the X for a cleaner look and the cables are easily secured to the frame with velcro strips or hair ties (the ones with the two loops and little round plastic balls on each side). It's a pretty clean look. Now I just need hair plugs and some serious gym-time to look as cool as my rig.

Archived