Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Save your receipts

jcadmus

Broke my Monster instrument cable during soundcheck yesterday. Fortunately had a spare cable in my gig bag.

Went home and fished out my receipt (from 2002) and will call for a return authorization and replacement today. BTW, this will be my second replacement -- I broke the first one a few years ago, sent it back for a replacement.

Just a reminder, lifetime warranties are only good if you save your receipts.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I severed my last monster cable a year back, GC was willing to do a 1-for-1 swap (without a receipt, but I had it anyway).

Turns out they didn't have the same one, so I had to send back to Monster. They gave me a RA# and I had to pay one way shipping for the replacement, but they didnt ask for the receipt.

Good advice- not only for Monster cables, but anything else with a warranty.

From my days in the auto service world, people used to get denied engine and transmission extended warranty coverage for failures every day because they did not have service receipts. The ones who really got stuck were the DIY oil changers. It's not pretty to see someone who plopped down hundreds of dollars for extended warranty coverage get denied for a $3500 engine failure all because they don't have all their oil change receipts. I've seen people break things over it. :facepalm:

So a big thumbs-up to keeping receipts :thu:

"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind"- George Orwell

• 2 weeks later...
on more expensive gear, sweetwater has cross shipped me replacements. i've gotten replacements once before even getting the bad jbl monitor out the door. i prefer this knd of svc. never tried w/ them on an older (long guarantee item) though.

These guys obviously get that in a world where there are a variety of choices and pricing is an open book, good service can be a key differentiator against competitors.

For some merchants, it's what keeps me coming back. For others, it's why they've lost my business forever. There's never an excuse for poor customer service.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

I use plastic where I can. It helps, even without a receipt.

Customer service is really important to me. When I'm dealing with customer service, I want my ego stroked and my butt kissed. It may sound shallow, but I just changed my ISP because of bad phone when my service was down.

You work with me, and I will buy ALL my crap from you!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Archived