Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Euro Bass Day 2010 - Lady & the BASS live video

Alberto Rigoni

Dear all,

on november 28th I played at Euro Bass Day 2010 (Verona, italy) with my new project "Lady and the BASS".

I'm attaching the live video clip that I've just uploaded on youtube. Unfortunately the audio has been recorded with the videocamera so it's not the best... but there was no way to get it by the mixing board.

We played some tunes from our upcoming debut album

Hope you'll like them

ciao!

Alberto

[video:youtube]

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice Alberto! Verona was one of the stops on the European tour I did with Bo Diddley in 1987. Some of the audience followed our bus back to the hotel. Since the bus couldn't drive up the narrow street the locals helped us carry some of our belongings to the hotel and then we sat with them at the outside cafe of the hotel and drank grappa until about an hour before leaving for the next gig. With the early start we were able to make a stop to see Venice. Maybe someday my wife and I will get back there to perform.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

'Berto, that was great! The lady has killer pipes and you play like a house a'fire. I would have liked better definition on the sounds, but I understand about the video camera mic, and how sometimes you gotta use whatcha got.

Please post more of your stuff, especially when you have a good recording to go with the video.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Molto Bene! Mi piace! (That's about it for my Italian vocabulary.)

Nice work, good sound, pretty singer, what's not to like?

I've never been to Verona, but I liked Milan, Napoli , and Siciliy, and loved Rome, Venice, and Florence. I'd go back tomorrow if I could.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

ciao wally, cool story! heheh grappa is nice and pretty heavy :)

did you like verona?? it's beautiful but venice is much better!

Seeing that you tour you know how it goes and sometimes you get to the next gig just in time to check into the hotel and then right to the venue, sound check, the show and back to the hotel. We did have a great audience reception there and what I did see and especially the time spent drinking with the locals was a lot of fun. It was nice to have a short stop in Venice and then off to that night's gig. The whole European tour was one of the highlights so far of my music career. We did thirty dates in thirty-five days covering nine countries. We did a video documentary for Swedish TV that was eventually released world-wide. Here's a link from that concert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZhjWhPM8N8&feature=PlayList&p=03F431CC3B9B4F46&index=62&playnext=2&playnext_from=PL

Wally

Not to hijack the thread, but thanks for posting that clip, Wally. Bo sho'nuff was the real deal. It must have been a gas playing with him. He didn't need to shred a hundred notes to the measure or play E minor fragmented 98th chords to make ya wanna groove, did he? Did Lady Bo get to do much with the synth part of that Roland? I have heard some really cool stuff done with it.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

picker, it was a great experience gigging with him for all those years. Lady Bo and I have a done a lot of trio work and uses the synth for a lot of different sounds. She is really good at knowing how another instrument would play. There were times that if I wasn't aware I would think someone stepped up to jam with us. She hasn't used that particular guitar in a lot of years but continued using Roland products with their pickup on other guitars. There are times that we have had a horn section and she would play one of the parts with the section. I'm fortunate since she is one extremely talented individual and also a world class vocalist.

Back to your regular programming!

Wally

Archived