Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ideas for lighting up dark KB control panels

CEB

Thread inspired me to buy a "Kensington Flylight KEFL2" and a USB adapter from B&H. Seems like it will work fine, gooseneck with a dimmer. Worth a shot.....should be better than my tiny led flashlight I now use. I did tone down the led's thanks to a Sharpie red marker in the store!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just did a google search for "USB lights" and came up with several interesting lighting options. These lights require no batteries, no cord to plug in, no velcro, and they are affordable! It seems as like they may be the way to go.
Nord Lead A1, Nord Electro 5d, Yamaha S70xs, QSC K10s

[There exist similar ones (LED) you can put into a MIDI tru connector of any MIDI keyboard.

Cool, how did I miss that? Of course, these days, thru connectors seem to be getting more rare too. I imagine they would also work on an Out, if you had one to spare. I think only the IN doesn't supply power...

A MIDI In port doesn´t supply power because it´s no output, but the power line is still there.

The prob is the MIDI cable,- you need one with 5 wires not only three.

What works on thru works also on the out port.

In fact it is for MIDI Out but works also w/ Thru.

Midi uses one pin ( forgot the number) to transmit mV.

You have to make sure it´s connected to the circuitry inside the keyboard.

If keyboards fulfill the MIDI specs 100% it works, if not, there´s a minor mod (soldering a wire) necessary.

We did this to my Yammi KX76 to power a EES M3 Velocity Transformer offering a 2nd MIDI out and a Thru, velocity curves and a additional MIDI channel depending split point.

Was done in 10 minutes and works perfect.

A.C.

Blue Eyesis,

You are little wrong, it is not that those lights aren't sold in California. It is that they ONLY CAUSE CANCER in California. They are perfectly fine everywhere else.

Please get your facts straight.

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

I use these
http://www.americanmusical.com/ProductImages/Large/55510.jpg

Apparently, Martians invented those lights:

(Bit higher wattage though)

http://movie-poster.ws/movies/wallpaper/scifi/war-of-the-worlds/war-of-the-worlds.jpg

:D

YES BUT MY LIGHTS ARE STEREO!!!

Yes, but what does the audience perceive? What good is using a stereo light onstage if the audience only sees it in mono? ;)

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

Archived