Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What would you guys like to see on a Hammond DVD?

Jim Alfredson

Again, some nice ideas, but this first DVD will be strictly about bass technique and bass lines on the Hammond. I'm not going to get into jazz theory.

I think your original ideas are great, Jim. I've got three Organissimo CD's: you've got plenty of great tunes of your own that you could use for examples.

I want a copy...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this first DVD will be strictly about bass technique and bass lines on the Hammond.

perfect,but maybe you could concentrate more on left hand and less on feet for the beginner DVD?

and maybe have a scroll showing the chord changes,I can figure out my own voicings.

• 1 year later...
$30 for a 90 min video that includes exercises and theory to help me compose and play bass lines (single manual no pedals), and more similarly priced DVD's for comping, voicings, and modifying sound by changing registrations/Leslie? What an awesome set of 4 DVD's! I bought one a while ago that purported to cover those things in one DVD. What it really did was show some old footage interviews mixed with a medley of impossibly-fast playing that was entertaining but pedagogically useless. I wish a better series existed. (Maybe include sheet music as a printable option in the DVD?)

Im really looking forward to buy your dvd!!!

Your "curriculum" lesson plan sounds well thought out.

I have played piano/keyboard for 30 years and organ (Nord Electro) for just some years, last mounth i bought a Sk2 and would like to take my organ playing to the next level with double manuals and diff drawbars and perc settings etc.

I would be glad if you can include a folder on the dvd with the movie also converted for ipad and maybe pdfs with scores for your examples.

50 USD sounds realistic in my ears.

NS2 88, Yamaha Cp300, Moog Little Phatty, Hammond Sk2, Roland Fantom X6, Ventilator, Nord C2D, Leslie 3300, Leslie 122

As I said in PM a while ago, I would most definetly buy it. But leave some time to your family too:)

Don't take me serious, I'm just playing.

------------------------------------------------------------

Gear: Hammond XK5-system, Nord Stage3 Compact, Crumar Seven, Rhodes Mk2; Hammond M44

Sorry Jim... I already have a whole series of DVD's out... Called "Hacking Your Way Through the Hammond".

For those who want to learn how to play the organ, buy my DVD's, and do the opposite.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

For those of you who can't wait for Jim to produce the DVD,

I can highly recommend a series of lessons (currently 28) on YouTube by British Hammond organist, Keith Appleton.

IMO it's the best out there, especially when compared to some of the expensive offerings I've seen. Keith does play bass pedals and alludes to this and may well do more in this series. Here's a sample.

Oh..and Keith doesn't want to make money out of this. It's all completely free.

Oh..and Keith doesn't want to make money out of this. It's all completely free.

What I've seen on this YouTube video might be good for an entry level player, but I wouldn't pay for it.

I'd buy Jim's DVD without hesitation. Making money is a not a bad thing. It puts food on the table.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Jim, If you make a Hammond bass line instructional DVD, I would buy it. If you have CDs available of your band (Janiva Magness?), I would buy that as well. I really enjoyed the video clip you posted a few weeks back; well done! I meant to share that with my wife but haven't been successful in locating the post.

____

Dave

Archived