Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

QSC K-12 speaker bags

CEB

Are these things worth the cost or are they just a glorfied gym bag? Thanks.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the QSC covers/bags, other than they're more expensive than they should be.

However, going without bags/covers is a huge mistake, as the cabinets on the K series are prone to scuffs and scrapes that make them look cosmetically shabby (pretty much my only complaint about these fantastic speakers). The bags keep them nice and safe, and allow you to carry them vertically (via the top handle, accessed through a little velcro-held flap) or face-down (like a 'gym bag', with handles on the case as shown in the pics on the QSC website).

I got the bag for my K-10, and I'm glad I did. Much easier to move it without scuffing it up.

I had to pay for it from Sweetwater, but that was OK with me.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the QSC covers/bags, other than they're more expensive than they should be.

However, going without bags/covers is a huge mistake, as the cabinets on the K series are prone to scuffs and scrapes that make them look cosmetically shabby (pretty much my only complaint about these fantastic speakers). The bags keep them nice and safe, and allow you to carry them vertically (via the top handle, accessed through a little velcro-held flap) or face-down (like a 'gym bag', with handles on the case as shown in the pics on the QSC website).

That is why I carry a magic marker 8)

Why would you spend $600 or so (depending on the model) and not spend another $60 or so on something to protect it? I'm glad I have the QSC covers for my K10s. They still look (nearly) as good as the day I bought them even after much schlepping.

Why would you spend $600 or so (depending on the model) and not spend another $60 or so on something to protect it? I'm glad I have the QSC covers for my K10s. They still look (nearly) as good as the day I bought them even after much schlepping.
Indeed. Spending 10-20% of the cost of a piece to protect it while moving it is quite reasonable IMO.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

It is not about the money. It is because I have never used bags. I don't know how much padding if any they provide.

I have always bought road cases for things that need protection. I don't know how much protection a bag actually provides. But a pair of Roadhawg cases are going to nullify the how compact these speakers are to carry.

Thanks.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

The padding is enough. With the QSC's, the main thing is protecting the back, where all the connectors and dials are. The bag does this VERY nicely. I don't treat my gear with kid gloves, and I'm really pleased with the K10 bag.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

I have always bought road cases for things that need protection. I don't know how much protection a bag actually provides.

It really depends on how you haul things. For carrying the QSCs in and out of vehicles to gigs, the QSC bags are more than sufficient. If you place them at the bottom of B van filled with equipment, they are not going to cut it.

I'm going to have my wife make a cover for me. We have some marine grade vinyl we bought for a motorcycle seat project that never materialized, there should be enough of that to make a simple protective cover. My K10 is only in my van, only loaded by me, and taken care of, so I don't think a padded case will be necessary, just a simple guitar amp type cover will do the trick.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I use a pair of covers for my K10's (and my EV SxA 100+ pair) that were made by an EBay vendor with sewn material. Not suited for commercial carrier or roadies, but I load in my van and transport with some care. They are slipover like the guitar amp covers, have nicely made places for both top and side handles, and have worked well on the EV's for a year and half. Priced a bit less than one of the QSC bags for a pair.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

The padding is enough. With the QSC's, the main thing is protecting the back, where all the connectors and dials are. The bag does this VERY nicely. I don't treat my gear with kid gloves, and I'm really pleased with the K10 bag.

+1 :thu:

Sven likes them

Archived