Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Volume/Expression Pedal Question

davinwv

After many months of dealing with an initial unit that arrived damaged during shipping, I finally have a beautiful and fully functional Hamichord M-C3 in my studio!

However, BGMI failed to ship my accessories with the replacement unit, so I do not yet have a case or the proprietary expression pedal.

Andrea at BGMI said that, while I am waiting, I can use "any standard 10k ohm" MIDI expression pedal. What pedals fit this description? Yamaha FC-7? Roland EV-5?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Davin

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The EV-5 is a 10K ohm pedal and should work. The Yamaha FC-7 is a 50K ohm pedal and will not.
Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

Ick to the EV-5 for organ expression - it's WAY too short throw.

It will work in a pinch, but if I had to depend on it for long, I would yank out the pot and put it in the Yamaha pedal.

Moe

---

"I keep wanting to like it's sound, but every demo seems to demonstrate that it has the earth-shaking punch and peerless sonics of the Roland Gaia. " - Tusker

http://www.hotrodmotm.com

Interesting thought, Moe. I didn't realize you could do that! I have an EV-5 and an old FC-7 that I can't use with my Roland boards that you may have just given a new life to. is there anything else I need do other than just swapping out the pot?
Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

Thanks for the info! I guess I will buy the EV-5 to tide me over. I have a very cheap M-Audio (MGear) volume pedal that was given to me, but I have been unable to find specs on it.

The M-Audio is almost identical to the Roland; save yourself the cash, and use the M-Audio until the proper unit arrives.

Thanks for the info! I guess I will buy the EV-5 to tide me over. I have a very cheap M-Audio (MGear) volume pedal that was given to me, but I have been unable to find specs on it.

The M-Audio is almost identical to the Roland; save yourself the cash, and use the M-Audio until the proper unit arrives.

Thanks, Sven. That's what I'll do.

Archived