Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

multiple keyboard connections

David Quillin

Alright, go easy, I am going to ask a really newbie question here: I am getting a second keyboard, and I'm not sure of the best way to connect to my amps. I currently have a Nord Electro with a cable from each stereo output to a different amp. I'm getting a Prophet 08. Can I run it into the Electro, and have its signal go out through the existing cables, or do I need separate cables to each amp? I know one solution would be a mixer, but I don't want to get any more equipment right now, just want to know the simplest way to connect what I have... thanks!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OR you can use the aux input of the electro BUT you have to take the signal out of the headphone jack to hear it (with a Y cable)

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

Your amps have multiple inputs. Problem solved.

This.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

can I ask you why two dissimilar amps? the Yamaha is a stereo guitar amp similar to the JC120.

SpaceStation V3,

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

I got the Hartke to be my primary amp, but I find it pretty dry and sterile. A guitar player friend had the Yamaha that he wasn't using, so I added that. It has a great tube-amp sound and nice reverb. The two together seem to work well for practicing. Haven't played out with this rig yet.

When I was playing I had up to six boards that I could use and I would use a mixer to connect all. Sure most amps have multiple imputs and I also suggest reading the manual. There are plenty of great mixers out there, I use a Mackie 12, had it for ten years now, no problems at all ever. BUT, I do not play out any more or in a very long time because I have a severly messed up back from three severe car accidents, none my fault, others ran red lights, lovely isn't it.

OK, my mindset is evolving due to all your input. I'm now thinking the small mixers are so cheap it makes sense... so, hijacking my own thread, any good small mixers, preferably with onboard reverb effect? Hope to spend under $150 but happy to get used equipment on ebay...

can I ask you a very loaded question??

Why not run in mono ....

SpaceStation V3,

Archived