Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

multiple keyboard connections

David Quillin

Alright, go easy, I am going to ask a really newbie question here: I am getting a second keyboard, and I'm not sure of the best way to connect to my amps. I currently have a Nord Electro with a cable from each stereo output to a different amp. I'm getting a Prophet 08. Can I run it into the Electro, and have its signal go out through the existing cables, or do I need separate cables to each amp? I know one solution would be a mixer, but I don't want to get any more equipment right now, just want to know the simplest way to connect what I have... thanks!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OR you can use the aux input of the electro BUT you have to take the signal out of the headphone jack to hear it (with a Y cable)

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

Your amps have multiple inputs. Problem solved.

This.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

can I ask you why two dissimilar amps? the Yamaha is a stereo guitar amp similar to the JC120.

SpaceStation V3,

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

I got the Hartke to be my primary amp, but I find it pretty dry and sterile. A guitar player friend had the Yamaha that he wasn't using, so I added that. It has a great tube-amp sound and nice reverb. The two together seem to work well for practicing. Haven't played out with this rig yet.

When I was playing I had up to six boards that I could use and I would use a mixer to connect all. Sure most amps have multiple imputs and I also suggest reading the manual. There are plenty of great mixers out there, I use a Mackie 12, had it for ten years now, no problems at all ever. BUT, I do not play out any more or in a very long time because I have a severly messed up back from three severe car accidents, none my fault, others ran red lights, lovely isn't it.

can I ask you a very loaded question??

Why not run in mono ....

SpaceStation V3,

Archived