Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Aw, crud.

picker

A day or two ago, I got the word from the guitarist I work with that he's going to give up live performance, as he can't find any gigs that pay anything besides the door(read that as "nothing"). So, he's going to dive into his home studio and produce recordings to sell online, as he seems to be making a little money at it, the band is history, pleasure working with you, be good, yadda yadda, goodbye.

SOOO-OOOO, I'm back to looking for a paying band gig...

Do y'all remember that Warner Bros cartoon about the guy who finds the singing frog, and ruins his life trying to make money off of it? I do declare, if I didn't have a compulsion to make music and a need for more income than my job provides, I'd bury everything instrument and amplifier-oriented that I own and walk away from all of it, laughing...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bummer. Then again, who owns the PA? If not him then get a new guitar player, afterall they are a dime a dozen, and keep on going. Even if he owns the PA, either piece something together or rent one and get a new guitar player.

You're just feeling bummed but that doesn't mean you have to give up playing. Keep on truckin' :thu:

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

Here here. But look at it this way: one door closes. Up to you to open another one.

Unless the first door closes on your fingers.

And if you're trying to get a foot in the door somewhere, don't go barefoot.

Yeah, I know it makes no sense. I've got a fever, so sue me...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived