Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm new to digital stuff

Don't know much about digital stuff yet, but I'm trying to learn. I've got a Korg D-12 for amateur home recording, and I've got a computer with a CD burner. Is there a way to transfer music from the D-12 to my computer to burn CD's off of it? Korg makes a seperate CD burner that I could buy, but before I get one of those I wanted to see if there's a way to use the burner I've already got with the computer. How can I do it?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Otto, All you need to do is get the audio from the D12 to the computer and you're ready to burn. With the D12 I'm assuming you have the option of analog output or digital lightpipe. If you have a normal or factory soundcard (soundblaster 16, etc.) I'd suggest you upgrade to a better one - with multiple ins and outs (that aren't 1/8" jacks", preferably with one that has lightpipe (optical s/pdif or ADAT optical). Record the output of the D12 into the computer running a half-decent WAV Editor (soundforge, cool edit, wavelab, whatever) or DAW, edit as necessary, save it as a file that the recorder will accept (44.1 khz/16 bit .wav), and then boot up the burning software, follow the guide and you'll have a CD on your hands. Peace, Harold
meh

Archived