Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

spring reverb

Electric Biscuit

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really a reverb tank is not a practical option. It requires it's own drive circuit from the amp and a recover stage (possibly transformer coupled) to mix it back in. Does your amp have an effects loop? You can probably find a BBD type analog reverb that would be suitable, but a reverb tank would probably not apply to that application.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I remember seeing an ad in GP from a company who makes an true spring reverb effects box. I did a quick search and found this, but your amp would need an effects loop.

http://www.demeteramps.com/products/reverb/index.html

This might be your easiest solution...

Danelectro also makes a real spring reverb box called The Spring King.

Dan

"I hate what I've become, trying to escape who I am..."

I found this:

used Lexicon Reflex - $120 on CraigsList

You might look out for a used Demeter Real Reverb analog/spring reverb, or a Peavey Valverb. There have been many other rack-mount spring reverbs over the years; there are bound to be some deals out there...

Does it have to be a rack-mount reverb? Consider the Van Amps Reverbamate and Sole-mate spring reverb pedals... GPF member miroslav loved his Sole-mate...

You might also consider installing- or having someone install- a real tube/spring reverb in your amp (more feasible if it's a combo, than a head). Check these out (scroll down through): Weber Kits

Bestaluck, and keep us posted! :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I found this:

used Lexicon Reflex - $120 on CraigsList

You might look out for a used Demeter Real Reverb analog/spring reverb, or a Peavey Valverb. There have been many other rack-mount spring reverbs over the years; there are bound to be some deals out there...

Does it have to be a rack-mount reverb? Consider the Van Amps Reverbamate and Sole-mate spring reverb pedals... GPF member miroslav loved his Sole-mate...

You might also consider installing- or having someone install- a real tube/spring reverb in your amp (more feasible if it's a combo, than a head). Check these out (scroll down through): Weber Kits

Bestaluck, and keep us posted! :cool:

I have been keeping a close eye on Kijiji, but nothing has shown up in the last little while. You'll also noticed I linked the vanamps site in my previous post :P

My amp is an Egnater Tweaker, and it's pretty tiny (a head, not a combo) so I don't see how a reverb unit could possibly get installed in there

I know a local shop that is a Danelectro dealer, so I'm gonna see if I can check out the Spring King some time (and while I'm at it, the Reel Echo looks pretty cool)

:D Yeah, when I started typing up my previous post, there hadn't been any replies yet, and I'd been going back and forth from the computer doing stuff here, before I finally wrapped it up and hit "Reply"... :thu:

Oh, and:

____ "If I turn it up loud enough, I don't need reverb!"

______________________ - Danny Gatton

;):D:thu::rawk:

anyway, seems the only way I'll be able to get a Vanamps reverb over here is to order it online, (30$ shipping...), so I will have to dwell on that a bit

I've found a couple of other used things for sale that might satisfy me for a while if I buy them... one, an 80s DOD analog delay pedal, two, some guy's bastardized Leslie speaker that he sketchily wired up to use as a guitar effect (after ripping it directly out of an organ). I'm gonna check it out, if it doesn't look like it will kill me I might get it

Heghheghh... he said "Dwell"... Heghheghh...

I like the way you Mix that humorous Tone in here... http://www.thestringnetwork.com/images/smilies/icon_razz.gifhttp://www.thestringnetwork.com/images/icons/smile/redface.gif:D

I have a Digitech Digital Reverb stomp and on one of the settings it sounds better than any spring verb I ever had in any amp (amps I have had here and there since 1964).

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-DigiVerb-Digital-Reverb-Pedal?sku=150822

I use the number 3 verb. The rest are not to my liking but that one is the best yet.

Archived