Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sorta OT: Cancelling Stereo Crosstalk

Botch

Most of you know what "binaural recording" is (mics set in the ears of a dummy human head), unfortunately it has to be played back thru headphones.

A professor in this video has developed some kind of crosstalk filter that allows the effect to be played thru norml stereo speakers, and its optimized on the too-short audio clips to work best on a laptop's speakers (although it sounded amazing on my iMac, too).

Although it cautioned that it doesn't work well on a Macbook due to the subwoofer's location, it sounded amazing on mine; enjoy!

Stereo Crosstalk cancellation http://www.princeton.edu/3D3A/

Botch

In Wine there is Wisdom

In Beer there is Freedom

In Water there is bacteria

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't let Kanker see this thread.

I just have a bad feeling about what would happen next in the ongoing discussion of...

You know the one. :facepalm:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Please don't let Kanker see this thread.

I just have a bad feeling about what would happen next in the ongoing discussion of...

You know the one. :facepalm:

Although I'm all about mono live, and don't mind mono recording, I'm a big fan of real stereo recording - 2 mics, that's it. Properly done, the soundstage can be breathtaking. That said, there are better methods than the 'head' method. A Jecklin disc and properly spaced mics produce results that are absolutely ridiculous compared to anything else I've heard.

Surprised Tom? ;)

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Archived