Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gullible pianist scammed for $20M

Jeff_D_in_MD

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's one of those pages FB automatically creates, like if you list "Piano playing" as an activity it will create a page that aggregates all mentions of Piano playing.

You mean you really can't tell the difference? If that's the case, I was right about those damned things. That's why my Info tab doesn't have any real info on it, I didn't want to be associated with whatever crap people might post with the same key words.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

No, I don't know how facebook works apparently. I thought you signed up and created a personal page.

Anyway, here's more details.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703957804575602993406810012.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Apparently the grammy winner is a great-grandson of one of the founders of Schlumberger. $$$

Estonia 190, Korg TrinityPlus, Yamaha P90, Roland PK-5a

"The suspects were isolating the victim and were basically trying to control every dollar that he had," said Police Chief Anthony Marraccini. "They did it very systematically and infiltrated every aspect of his life. It was almost a brainwashing technique."

This is how cults work. It does sound like the guy was a rube for falling for this, but it quite possibly could have been very elaborate. Once he made the mistake of not taking his computer elsewhere for a second opinion, it was probably pretty easy to "infiltrate" other areas of his life. Don't forget that people usually keep a lot of personal information on their computers. Take it in somewhere, who knows what is being done with all that data.

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

No, I don't know how facebook works apparently. I thought you signed up and created a personal page.
You do, but FB has other types of pages as well.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I know very few pianists worth anywhere near $20M - where'd this guy get his money in the first place?!?

Did you not read Gryphon's post above?

....."Mr. Davidson (the pianist in question) is the great-grandson of one of the

founders of Schlumberger Ltd., a Houston-based multinational oil-field-services company

that posted revenue of about $23 billion last year and employs 105,000 people

in more than 80 countries, according to authorities and the company's website".

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

Did you not read Gryphon's post above?

....."Mr. Davidson (the pianist in question) is the great-grandson of one of the founders of Schlumberger Ltd., a Houston-based multinational oil-field-services company
Anyone who's driven out west, especially in west Texas, has seen Schlumberger (pronounced Shlum-ber-zhay) trucks driving around all over. But that's not all they do. One of their divisions makes programmable electronic testing equipment, too. In a previous life I wrote testing software as an end-user of this equipment.
Estonia 190, Korg TrinityPlus, Yamaha P90, Roland PK-5a

Archived