Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Retailers's profit on keyboards

Synthoid

I propose we emulate the ingenious diplomatic device invented by President Obama and have a "beer summit"!

Since we are geographically dispersed, everybody crack open your favorite brew at, say eight o'clock Eastern time. Cheers!

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since we are geographically dispersed, everybody crack open your favorite brew at, say eight o'clock Eastern time. Cheers!

Just came in from doing yard work... couldn't wait!

http://cms.images.morris.com/savannah/mdControlled/cms/2007/09/18/200753557.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

I propose we emulate the ingenious diplomatic device invented by President Obama and have a "beer summit"!

since that is 4 in the morning by me, I will sip coffee (I am on night patrol with our neighoburhood watch...) instead - but otherwise I'm in....

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

A series of posts were removed from this thread. This is the only line left from them, and the responsible party has been warned. Bigotry will not be tolerated here, period. :mad:
Thanks dB. Reporting it crossed my mind, but I wasn't sure. Next time, I will be. :thu:

+1 :thu:

Thanks, dB and Joe. I appreciate the clarification. I'll report it next time, as well.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Lets all have a very COLD BEER and move on. Its more fun to have a discussion about getting the right deal from resellers. I'm impressed that many of the pro's here are also willing to pay for services after the fact, even though they could probably train "some" music stores employees. :/

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I used to have a manager at GC who would cut me incredible deals. I purchased my Motif ES and XS from him for cost (and this was when they were new models). He also did me great favors when I purchased a couple of Mackie SRM450s from him. When one blew out and he had to send it to the factory for repair, he loaned me a brand new one to gig with. When it was returned he did not charge me for the loaner OR the repair, even though it was out of warrantee. Unfortunately, he moved to the Pacific Northwest and those deals ended.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

GC has standardized their prices since you had that manager give you those kind of deals. Apparently GC was competing with other GC stores. They finally caught on and got their stores to quote the same prices. I'd guess that repeat customers with still be able to get inside prices, but the average player that calls for prices will get the same price as the next average player.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Archived