Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Acoustic Guitar Saddle Material

Terrell

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skipclone 1,

How is life in the land of the rising Sun? Send me a email at jim.guthrie@obbligatoinc.com and I will tell you about a major American movie to be released next month that is filmed around a Custom shop pick I made for the move. It was used as a focus point for the real 3D cameras. It has a wood handle and a carbon business end. So you can wear it around your neck and open the bail and play with the pick and then replace it when finished.

As soon as the California movie production co. says I can talk

about it I will let the cat out of the bag on forums like this.

The production carbon picks are not polished like a heart valve leaflet and they grip like micro velcro. So this necklace pick will give you the tone but not the grip of a production carbon pick. It is nothing like carbon fiber or carbon carbon. The custom shop picks on the web site now are ugly they were some of the first made. we are about to up date that. The tone on an electric when changing from a plastic pick to the carbon sounds like you turn up the volume and tone. You might not get the pick before the movie gets to Tokyo though (Customs). www.obbligatoinc.com jim.guthrie@obbligatoinc.com

I think we are friends on myspace already.

I checked myspace mine and Obbligato's and you are not there

sorry my mistake I must have seen you some place else.

• 2 weeks later...
I have played Jim's brothers Martin and it is amazing with the carbon bridge and saddle. Also I have been using Jims picks since he first started making them. I don't use anything else any more. By the way, Jim Guthrie would not tell you this, but he is a cousin to Woody Guthrie, as I am also. Jims grandfather and mine are the same. So there is our two seconds in the lime light. Arlo doesn't even know we exist. LOL

Skipclone 1,

How is life in the land of the rising Sun? Send me a email at jim.guthrie@obbligatoinc.com and I will tell you about a major American movie to be released next month that is filmed around a Custom shop pick I made for the move. It was used as a focus point for the real 3D cameras. It has a wood handle and a carbon business end. So you can wear it around your neck and open the bail and play with the pick and then replace it when finished.

As soon as the California movie production co. says I can talk

about it I will let the cat out of the bag on forums like this.

The production carbon picks are not polished like a heart valve leaflet and they grip like micro velcro. So this necklace pick will give you the tone but not the grip of a production carbon pick. It is nothing like carbon fiber or carbon carbon. The custom shop picks on the web site now are ugly they were some of the first made. we are about to up date that. The tone on an electric when changing from a plastic pick to the carbon sounds like you turn up the volume and tone. You might not get the pick before the movie gets to Tokyo though (Customs). www.obbligatoinc.com jim.guthrie@obbligatoinc.com

I think we are friends on myspace already.

I checked myspace mine and Obbligato's and you are not there

sorry my mistake I must have seen you some place else.

Hi Jim

Just saw this-I`ll be in touch, sounds fascinating. Thanks indeed for the offer.

I`ve been known to sneak in front of the cameras myself when the opportunity arises,

I`d be interested to hear more about the production.

I do in fact have a myspace account but I got fed up with trying and not succeeding to upload music

so I haven`t used it recently.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Well if Ray is going to bring that up let me clarify it our Grand father (James Vollie Guthrie) was Woody's second cousin's according to Nora Guthrie. Nora told my brother that 15 years ago, and my brother passed away two years ago so you might want to ask her to be sure. My brother's HD 28 Martin has a BD saddle it is the guitar on the web site. www.obbligatoinc.com

The saddles do not string gouge ever, they are clear as a bell

(not muddy like bone), they do not distort at any volume with any amp,and they are balanced not bass heavy like most Martin Dreadnoughts. You can with a good ear,and a tuning meter do intonation (no need for a srobe) I have a Conn strobe.

Archived