Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Nord Samples

Tobias Åslund

I'm checking the Nord homepage every now and then to see if the new Nord Pianos, including the promised Bösendorfer Grand, will be available. Still waiting... but today at least I found this:

MiniMoog and Prophet 5 samples for your Wave or Electro 3

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just another reason to never sell my Nord Wave... they keep coming out with such cool stuff for it!

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Scott:

I feel the same way about my NE3, although the more the good folks at Nord come out with usable synth samples for that board, the more I miss things like pitch bend and mod wheels. Ah, well. Nothing's perfect.

Noah

I listened to the Prophet 5 and the Mini Moog samples, not too shabby. The Prophet 5 samples sounded pretty good, and maybe the only thing missing in the Mini Moog samples is some of the grit, and of course the great FILTER the Mini had. But hey, I'm splittin' hairs here. The library is an excellent resource. :thu:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

• 5 weeks later...
Once again, Nord released more samples for the Wave and Electro 3 - this time a few new choirs and a couple of DX7 samples.

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

If someone would loan me an NE3 for a bit, I'd make another Rhodes set for it. :laugh:

The E3 has two families of samples... the piano library, which is multi-layer, and for which you cannot make your own sounds (whether you have an E3 or not), and the sample library, which is single-layer, which you can make your own sounds for (whether you have an E3 or not), so either way, having an E3 at your disposal would actually not help you create new samples for it. Except that it would be fun to have around. :-)

(The Nord Wave allows you to load two sounds from the sample library at once, and use velocity to morph between them, so that is almost a way to implement a two-layer sample, kinda.)

I'm really bummed they goofed up the controls so badly on the NE3; otherwise I'd be eager to trade up from my NE2.

Actually, this reminds me that I never got back to you in another thread where we were talking about this. I'll head over there to keep the conversation relevant.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

The E3 has two families of samples... the piano library, which is multi-layer, and for which you cannot make your own sounds (whether you have an E3 or not), and the sample library, which is single-layer, which you can make your own sounds for (whether you have an E3 or not), so either way, having an E3 at your disposal would actually not help you create new samples for it. Except that it would be fun to have around. :-)
Wow, thanks for the info. It's a shame that it's so limited.

The reason I would need the E3 is not to make the set, but to test it. But, with single-layer, no testing is required. (Nor would it be useful, for me.)

• 1 month later...
If someone would loan me an NE3 for a bit, I'd make another Rhodes set for it. :laugh:

I'm really bummed they goofed up the controls so badly on the NE3; otherwise I'd be eager to trade up from my NE2.

Have you tried downloading samples from the nord library on to your E2? I really like the 'Bright Tines" sample, but it appears that it is only able to be loaded on to the E3's.

Archived