Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Out for Delivery"

DanL

There is no better status on a UPS tracking page than this.... My K-10 will be here today!

In anticipation, I took apart my 10 space rack yesterday, and put everything into a 6 space I have since I don't need the power amp anymore. Nice to have a nice small light rack vs the anvil I was hauling!

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Radial Pro D2 was delivered last week by UPS... after it had been from Ohio to Kentucky, over to the UK, back to Kentucky, to Philadelphia, back to Kentucky, back to Philadelphia and finally back to the UK! How the van driver managed to get so lost I'll never know...

Early Christmas gift to yourself?

:D

Nah, just trading gear for gear- sold my Leslie, turned that cash around on the K10.

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I used my new K10 yesterday for my mother-in-law's memorial service. Plugged my iPod into the RCA jacks, bumped the gain control to 9 o'clock, and started the iPod. I wanted to see just what it could do, and there was no one there yet. I cranked the iPod up to full, and I could hear the windows in the place rattling. Absolutely clean! I backed it down to a level where people could hear the music, but it didn't interfere with conversation, and the tonal quality was just as good. Great punch with incredible clarity. Both Stan Kenton and Chicago have never sounded better. I was extremely impressed.

I got in a 4-space rack to take the place of the 8-space I had, as I don't need the power amp either. Tomorrow, I'll see Fed Ex say on truck for delivery for the Korg M3R from eBay.

Still got GAS, though. My wife and I have to go to Orlando to take a friend that flew in for the memorial service to the airport, then we're going to IKEA, and afterward, I told her I wanted to go to Guitar Center. She's indicated she's going to buy me a new keyboard to take the place of the one that died, and I need to hear a few things. I'm putting a $1000 or so budget on myself, and one I want to look at within that budget is the Yamaha MM8. Might retire my Korg SP200.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

My Radial Pro D2 was delivered last week by UPS... after it had been from Ohio to Kentucky, over to the UK, back to Kentucky, to Philadelphia, back to Kentucky, back to Philadelphia and finally back to the UK! How the van driver managed to get so lost I'll never know...
Ha!

Seriously, I think that's an issue where some of the tracking software these companies use don't show time zones very well. Either that, or some of the entries don't appear immediately like they should. You'd think by now they'd have this worked out.

I'd like to welcome all you new K10 owners to the fold, and tell you that there's a link on QSC's web site that for a limited time, if you register your K10 (or K8, K12, KSub, or several other QSC products), they'll give you a six year extended warranty for free. They apparently normally charge $99 for this. So those of you who have bought new K10s (in the US and Canada only) should go register. You can find the link on their home page. I did it when I bought mine, and haven't been spammed or anything.

http://www.qscaudio.com/

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

... I'm putting a $1000 or so budget on myself, and one I want to look at within that budget is the Yamaha MM8. Might retire my Korg SP200.

I really like that Yamaha MM series. Those things have some great utiliarian sounds for the price.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

It's here! Going to unbox it and set up my gear.... report later.

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I'd like to welcome all you new K10 owners to the fold, and tell you that there's a link on QSC's web site that for a limited time, if you register your K10 (or K8, K12, KSub, or several other QSC products), they'll give you a six year extended warranty for free. They apparently normally charge $99 for this. So those of you who have bought new K10s (in the US and Canada only) should go register. You can find the link on their home page. I did it when I bought mine, and haven't been spammed or anything.

http://www.qscaudio.com/

The first thing I always do when I get something new is to go online and register. So, the day my K10 arrived, I was on the site to register, and Lo and Behold! a 6 year warranty. Love it!

On another note. I made it to GC in Orlando, and tried out several choices, including the Yamaha MM8 and MO8, the Korg M50-88, and a couple others. I think my GAS has been relieved for a while. I was not impressed enough to buy ANY of them. Mediocre pianos, barely passable Rhodes, fair basses, barely passable orchestral sounds. Maybe I'm biased because I played it for so long, but nothing I tried sounded as good to me as my old N364. And the OS on the MO8...Someone had set to some sequence tone or something, and even a reboot wouldn't take it back to performance. It took several minutes looking at the settings of the MO6 that was above it just to get it to the piano sounds.

Willie Dixon

Well, my garage audition was fun. Set up my S90ES, rack, and both the K10 and the Mackie Thump so I could A/B them. Ran the demo sequences off the ES, and alternated between the 2 speakers. The K10 doesn't have as much low end, but it's a 10" vs 15" speaker that's in a bigger box, so no surprise there. Clarity wise, the K10 is superior. Volume wise- K10, I was doing synth bass stuff and the protection light never came on once and I was shaking the rafters. The Thump could do it too, but the protection light was coming on regularly. Probably the difference between 400 and 1000 watts. I experimented with the bass boost and vocal boost settings. I'll probably leave them off. I have a 15 band EQ in my rack that I can tweak if I find any issues from room to room, but for the most part, I run that about flat, rolling off super low stuff like 25 and 40hz.

The best part about the K10 is how small it is. I'm thinking I will lay it on it's side on top of my rack, which sits on a chopped down waitron stand. Nice, compact, clean setup.

Couple questions for you K10 users- if I don't get many replies here I might start a new thread, but I'll throw it out anyway:

1: I'm guessing that when it says 90 degree conical coverage, that means the horn will be the same spread no matter what direction the cabinet is turned?

2: where do you guys run the volume on the back? I typically run it at 12 noon on my Mackie, and my plan was to do the same here. I set my gain structure on the mixer so I get a strong signal from my boards to each channel, and then use the level knob on the EQ if it's too soft or too loud (I start with that around noon and might adjust down to 10 o'clock or up to 2 o'clock) Rarely do I have to turn it up though.

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I have been known to run my K10 at about 2 or 3 o'clock with my Electro cranked and a little extra boost from my mixer beyond unity. Mo's heard me with a group in a small room - it was pretty properly loud ;)

(guitar players....)

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

I have been known to run my K10 at about 2 or 3 o'clock with my Electro cranked and a little extra boost from my mixer beyond unity. Mo's heard me with a group in a small room - it was pretty properly loud ;)

(guitar players....)

That's probably where I'm going to run mine as well. Since I'm mono now, I'm using the channels that have trim knobs on the Mackie to balance things out. Though, I may have to use one of the other channels. I've put the M3R in my rack, and will probably put an EMU Proteus there as well. Run one from my Evolution controller, and the other from the Hammond.

Getting smaller, with a bigger sound. I Like that.

Willie Dixon

I have 2 gigs this weekend, one is pretty soft, the other is more normal volume. I'm wondering if I'll need more than noon on the level, I doubt it but we'll see.

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Archived