Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gig bag for CP5?

dazzjazz

Hi,

can't seem to find an official gig bag for the CP5 on the Yamaha site. I have one for my CP33 that is great - hopefully Yamaha have them in the works.

Anyone?

Darren

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm. Something you'd like to share with us, Darren? I use a Gator GK88 bag which is a very good fit. Just finished updating my website with CP5 samples, very happy with the sound quality.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

• 1 month later...

Hi Aidan

I use a Gator GK88 bag which is a very good fit. Just finished updating my website with CP5 samples, very happy with the sound quality.

Just wondering if the height of the cp5 is any problem with the gator gk88 bag, looking at the specs of both, it seems the cp5 is about 20mm higher than the interor height of the bag. Is that a problem? Center knobs ok in that bag?

thanks

Ben

Hi Ben, never noticed any problem at all with the height - the CP5 doesn't appear to come above the top of the case interior at all. As long as you're moving the instrument yourself, the bag is a good choice. My Toyota Verso has a flat platform in the rear hatch and I find it easy to stand the bag against the lip, then "pivot" it into the car.

I use the Yamaha YB882 for my CP-5 which as been discontinued. It's a fairly good bag so it's a drag it's no longer in production. My guess is too many folks were buying them for their CP300s (like me) and then the weight of 72 lbs . was too much. I'm guessing they had a boatload of repair/ warranty requests and they finally said forget it.

• 11 months later...
Hmm. Something you'd like to share with us, Darren? I use a Gator GK88 bag which is a very good fit. Just finished updating my website with CP5 samples, very happy with the sound quality.

Hey Aidan, hopefuly you could help me. The bag you are mentioning, is it the Gator bag with wheels, or the one without wheels?

Is it this one:

http://www.gatorcases.com/Default.aspx?Section=Products&Page=Details&CategoryID=4498&CatalogID=9248

or this one:

http://www.gatorcases.com/Default.aspx?Section=Products&Page=Details&CategoryID=4482&CatalogID=9902

If it's the wheeled one, could you tell if the CP5+case are too heavy for normaln handling? If it's the one sans wheels, does it provide sufficient protection?

p.s. Also, if someone else has something smart to say - please do so. I'm looking for a affordable, light, safe gig bag for CP5. Recommendations are welcome.

Custom handmade clocks: www.etsy.com/shop/ClockLight

It's the one with wheels that I had. As you can see from my sig, I've moved on from the CP5. Caveat: It's not the most thickly padded case in the world and my CP5 sustained a couple of minor dings when it was being towed in the case. In particular, do NOT drag it up or down steps.

As for the CP5 itself, two main problems from my perspective (barring the weight). Firstly, the APs are rather "too perfect" and sound sterile after longer acquaintance. YMMV. Secondly, no mono sounds whatsoever and the stereo-mono collapse is spectacularly bad.

Archived