Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone use a Moog MP-201?

bloodsample

Anyone using the Moog MP-201 in their setup? What are your thoughts on it? Is it easy/useful to use in practice? I know what it can do technically and I've seen all the

but they're all pre-prepared so it's hard to tell how easy it is to get it all configured and how useful it really is in practice.

Do you frequently use a single pedal to modulate 4 things at once? This sounds technically powerful but I'm not sure how useful it is musically, what are your experiences with this?

I'm wondering if getting 4 EP-2s instead would be better (definitely cheaper). The LFOs on the MP-201 are tempting though...

Cheers,

>BS

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I have an LP and a couple of 'foogers and I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of the potential of these devices without some sort of expression pedal.

Just trying to get some user input before dishing out 475$ for an expression pedal (I know it does much more, but compared to the EP-2's 40$ price tag I'm hoping it does MUCH more).

The thing to remember about the Moog pedal is that it's built like a tank, so you won't have to replace it every two years like many plastic expression pedals. And, of course, it does quite a bit more than just control volume. But let's say you bought four Roland EV-5s at $80 US a piece. The $475 doesn't look so bad for everything else you're getting.

It's on my wish list.

K.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

It's been on my wishlist for a long time too. I wish it was about 1/2 the price, but AFAIK, there's no other direct to USB pedal, and it would definitely simplify my setup a bit.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Archived