Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

one-e-and-a-two-e-and-a..........

sonofabill

OK, so have officially fallen into a phase where every time I am listening to almost any song I am counting 16th notes without even intending to, and listening to the placement of the drums and the bass, I hope this funkifies my playing a bit!!!

Its a bad habit walking around NYC with headphones on though, gotta keep the other half of my brain focused on not getting hit by a car! haha.

Hopefully this is completely "internalized" soon.....

How many of you have been through this phase and how long did it last?? :)

"We'll learn ALL from EVERYONE"

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a good thing to do. I mean, it could be worse. At least you're not running around Wal-Mart, ducking in and out of the clothes racks & humming the Mission Impossible theme...

Uh...you're not doing that, are you?

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Sounds like a good thing to do. I mean, it could be worse. At least you're not running around Wal-Mart, ducking in and out of the clothes racks & humming the Mission Impossible theme...

You make that sound like a bad thing. Sheesh can't a guy have any fun!

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

You make that sound like a bad thing. Sheesh can't a guy have any fun!

I'm thinking long-term here. Things that end with you in a straight-jacket and tranked into a drooling stupor may be fun in the short-term...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

It's great to think and feel rhythms just when walking around. if you are walking in quarter-notes, you can think 16ths, triplet 8ths . . . anything. I find it helps internalize rhythm to think about also when not playing the bass.

The bad news is, now that you've started, you'll probably never stop.

www.goldsby.de

Some guitarists ARE aware, but unfortunately not enough!

Most good drummers are aware of these things, and I've played with them, but also with some kids who played a bad backbeat to ANYTHING, even Take Five or a waltz!

Seriously, I've been known to tap out rhythms listening to metronome through headphones. Or to a CD of a great book I have with all kinds of rhythms to clap to... even on the train to work or at the restaurant where I eat breakfast.. trying not to disturb other people TOO much....

Archived